Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

PFFT AHCKTUALLY, I think you mean Coke! It's like how everyone calls all Adhesive Bandages 'Band-aids'. All soda is Coke down here. :rotfl:

soda-pop-coke-758x402.jpg
I'm originally from Ohio and I'm the only person in my family that doesn't call it pop. I say soda or drink...

• From wiki-

• Tonic" has been used in eastern Massachusettsand parts of Maine and New Hampshire since at least 1888.[11] Its usage has been gradually declining in favor of "soda". In some areas, "tonic" is still understood to mean "soft drink", but many regard it as an antiquated term.[12]
  • "Soda pop" is used by some speakers, especially in the Mountain West. "Soda" or "drinks" is common in Idaho and Utah.
  • "Drink", "cold drink", "carbo", and "soda" are locally common in southern Virginia and the Carolinas, spreading from there as far as Louisiana.
  • "Soda water" is used in more rural parts of the US.
  • "Soft drink" or "cold drink" is the phrase of choice in New Orleans and most of east Texas as far west as the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex (although in the DFW Metroplex itself the usage is somewhat colloquial).
  • At many restaurants in the U.S., the products of only a single major beverage producer, such as The Coca-Cola Company or PepsiCo, are available. While most patrons requesting a "coke" may be truly indifferent as to which cola brand they receive, the careful server will confirm intent with a question like "Is Pepsi OK?" Similarly, 7 Upor Sprite or Sierra Mist may indicate any clear, carbonated, citrus-flavored drink at hand. The generic uses of these brand names does not affect the local usage of the words "pop" or "soda" to mean any carbonated beverage.

u have statistics for everything.

okay everyone. From here on out we’re calling soda carbo.
I can’t remember if it was on here or 8th, but this topic came up before. I remember seeing the county maps. I just can’t recall what thread it was in.

I can’t remember if it was on here or 8th, but this topic came up before. I remember seeing the county maps. I just can’t recall what thread it was in.

Jan 16th, 2006.... I found it

popvssoda.com

—————

59E6A655-B8CA-49FB-A195-179C11ECAA71.jpeg

Back