Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Fixed my boost controller this weekend, I have no idea what was wrong with it but it wouldnt hold the WG shut. Derek tossed like 35% duty to it to try and get it working but it wouldnt activate. I swapped the engine harness just because I have a spare and went for a ride, holy crap I went from 0 to 12psi in 3k rpm lol safe to say the gtx turbos spool quickly.

Ah man we’ve been crushing the local spots here. @fahnix if ur ever in esco for some take out, you gotta try pho Truc xahn. First their pho is the best in north San Diego. Also their Chinese food and boba is insane. Also TJ tacos. Oh my goodness TJ tacos.

Right on. I'll let the lady know so she can remind me.

Well, in interesting news, whilemymain employer has pushed back a potential back to work date, i had a phone interview (social distancing, lol) with a contract company for a position as a delivery driver for FEDEX.

Me: "I drove trucks for 15 years in the army, so i know how to drive large vehicles without hitting anything."

Manager: "Seems like you'll be a good fit. I'm not into drama, you seem laid back, you aren't a drama person are you?"

Me: "I avoid drama like the plague."

While i was typing this she just texted me to let me know to check my email for the next step. See ya later bros.

Congratulations man!

:excited::excited::excited::excited:

That sounds amazing. I think I'll try some.

I love using it as a vodka chaser. [emoji16]

Serviced my brakes today. Rear pads were seized and caused this weird pattern on the pad. Never seen anything like it before.

20200406-112142.jpg

20200406-112126.jpg

Fixed my boost controller this weekend, I have no idea what was wrong with it but it wouldnt hold the WG shut. Derek tossed like 35% duty to it to try and get it working but it wouldnt activate. I swapped the engine harness just because I have a spare and went for a ride, holy crap I went from 0 to 12psi in 3k rpm lol safe to say the gtx turbos spool quickly.
My srt-4 boost over 21psi at 3k:bananapoke: about 85% faster ,just goes to show you who is Boss:cucumber::bananasplit::guitar:you have to drive it or lose your rotors among other things.

@JAMES JANZEN Whoa. That in the si? Was it the inner rear driver side per chance? It had premature wear when I did my car and on two other 9ths I’ve done brakes on. All my pads had somewhat decent life but that pad was demolished. Weird.

I spray brake cleaner all the time on my brakes-it slows up the corrosion,=$1.94 at wally world.:flame:oil can and wax and brake cleaner and Lucus fuel cleaner for sitting cars-then marine stab for gas-if really sitting.:bananapop::drooling::driving:

@JAMES JANZEN Whoa. That in the si? Was it the inner rear driver side per chance? It had premature wear when I did my car and on two other 9ths I’ve done brakes on. All my pads had somewhat decent life but that pad was demolished. Weird.

Yes. Drivers rear. Other side was ok ( I think, I had to rush as I got busy at work after I started ). The line on the pad made no sense to me. I think I wash the car too often which caused this to happen.

Good Morning!

You ever seen someone almost eat it on the highway and then afterward just pretend like nobody saw it?

I had a close-call on my way home yesterday. A Ford Ranger flew by me in what I assume was a weird attempt at a challenge? Normally, this would be a common occurrence. People love to fly by my Civic--I'm used to it. However, yesterday's encounter chose to flex their Ranger's muscle right into an apex. The owner ripped the wheel away once they realized their error, but then overcompensated and nearly hit the opposite barrier before regaining control. Their brakes were definitely toasted -- smoke went everywhere. Ahead of me was a cute but very freaked out 9th generation Corolla ('00-'06) that just kinda rolled to a coast to process everything. Almost became Corolla-chow.

The Ranger straightened right up and drove politely in traffic like nothing happened. I was laughing uncontrollably.

38fb423362c9e53ab3d306e816eaf3b9bfe5089483c4fc7d2ffbe4c85ae69222_1.jpg

Cool a few years ago a car going fast hit the speeding lane guard rail and almost got creamed by the ford 250 super duty-he hit that and it would have been the end of him! I almost killed a tiny pickup truck going the wrong way on the hwy too- broad side-I dummy went down the one way runway ramp.:bananasplit: And I paid almost $400 in tickets last year:chopwood::box:

Cool a few years ago a car going fast hit the speeding lane guard rail and almost got creamed by the ford 250 super duty-he hit that and it would have been the end of him! I almost killed a tiny pickup truck going the wrong way on the hwy too- broad side-I dummy went down the one way runway ramp.:bananasplit: And I paid almost $400 in tickets last year:chopwood::box:

@sunofwolf Dude, how many tickets do you get? :oops:

Reminds me of when I was on night crew. I was going to get burritos for the boys at like 3am. This dude in a truck was turning right onto the street I was on and did a perfect like 540 and just kept on going.was raining. I think I was the only person that saw him and when I pulled up next to him He just gave me a thumbs up and mouthed **** yea. Absolute legend.

First day was long, but somewhat enjoyable. I tell you what, i saw a lot of places i never would have guessed were around here and you get to meet sone really cool people. There are many who ask us to set packages down away from them or who have drop boxes, but, i giess i see their point. The boxes are sanitized twice before they're loaded on the truck, but i reckon most people don't know that because i didn't until yesterday... today was drug test and DOT physical, now the doc holding my card up over a sleep study. Emailed the one from January and waiting to hear back from them. I slept good last night though, 139 stops, some with multiple packages, in 9 hours give or take.

They let you start with out clearing you medically first? Honest question.
@ron v, I just rode along with someone yesterday, i wasn't driving, just learning the ropes. But i guess they have been authorized to do so since they need the help. I ain't asking questions like that when I'm getting paid.

@webby, not FEDEX, the company doing the DOT physical wants it because of my BMI. i guess it will determine how long they write the card for or something.

U guys here about this 25k bonus/$13 and hour raise proposal by the some of the senators. For essential workers.

companies may not be able to pay that much, a job is only worth so much pay. What customer is going to pay for something that they don't have the money for. it's like the MC shop charging $100 to change a tire-just too much-I did it myself. that's what politicians do is lie all day- not coming out of his pocket is it.:badger: You should see what a great job these jerks have done- no-one is working because 15hr for a idiot that doesn't know how to do anything.:bananapoke:

Back