First Lexus LFA Crashed?

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
First Privately Owned Lexus LFA to Crash?

2012_Lexus_LFA_2.jpg

2012_Lexus_LFA_4.jpg

2012_Lexus_LFA_3.jpg

2012_Lexus_LFA_5.jpg

This may be the first private customer known to have crashed the $375,000 Lexus LFA.
There's not a lot of information going around about the incident nor can we confirm that it's the first ever privately owned LFA to crash.

However, the buffs over at Club Lexus say that this is LFA No 142 that was originally delivered in Orlando, while the folks at Lexus Enthusiast add that according to the CarFax report, the accident occurred on October 8, 2011.

The LFA, which seems to have hit and/or been hit in front and at the rear, is said to have been acquired by Howard Brown & Sons Auto Sales in Sun Valley, California, before it was sold in Texas by Expo Motor Cars.

:sadbanana:

• Staff
guess it's the first pictures have surfaced of the wreck

wonder how much repairs are gonna cost.....werent some pieces made in carbon fiber?, and I'm sure OEM replacements aren't cheap for a very engineered car..

• Staff
"The $400,000 Lexus LFA is more than just a supercar, but a marvel of engineering - and Lexus wants you to know that. The entire chasis is made entirely of carbon fiber. But beyond that, they couldn't just use traditional methods of producing carbon fiber, they reinvented the process with their own loom that could weave it specifically how they want it."

View: http://youtu.be/ry9uiP2I6kQ

• Staff
Eh, that's why you get insurance. I'd hate to see that claim, or what his rates do.

and its a special type of CF too...damn!!! If I ever own one, i wouldnt drive it much....be to scared too...lol...maybe around the block lol

I heard about this back in October. :X I have my sources. Also this car was actually wrecked right after FOS Jet Port Reception..As I have pics of it AT the show. ;)

I think 1 time. FOS - festivals of speed was Friday, October 7, 2011. I'm guessing he means it was wrecked after this event.

the footage of it hitting the corner at like 20 seconds in... is pretty. It has a nice exhaust note as well..

Back