Twisted's Work

Hmmm.. I have a buddy who said he is would detail my Subie. He's done it once before but yeah... :/

Any pictures of those STi's and your detail work on them?

bacon!!!

Unfortunatly the Subies I did where several years ago before I knew the value of documenting all my work. For the first couple years I was detailing I didn't take pictures of anything except a few after of some exotic type cars I did. I never thought I would need pics since I was just doing it for fun on the side.

Oh gotcha. It's all good.

You are about the same distance as the other guy that I was thinking about having detail my Subie.. Hmm :thinks: (sees smoke coming up)

This customer came to me wanting her daughter's car detailed and some left over tint and adhesive removed from the rear window. This car was scheduled for just a wash and wax with interior, but I ended up doing a quick one step on it too to knock off most of the oxidation and bring back some shine. I will say up front that in the sun this vehicle is still full of swirls, but for the time invested I am very happy with the amount of oxidation removed and shine restored.

Products Used

Pre-foamed exterior with Autowerkes Exclusive APC and Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
Washed via 2bm with Griots Car Soap
Clayed with Detail Image medium claybar with CG Luber for lube
Rewashed and dried with compressed air
Buffed with Meguiars Ultimate Compound with orange pad on PC
Glass Cleaned with Meguiars Glass Cleaner
Prima Banana Gloss used as LSP
Final wipe-down with FK425

Wheels and tires cleaned with Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner
Wheel wells cleaned with Autowerkes Exclusive APC 3:1
Wheels protected with Collinite 845
Tires dressed with Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine
Wheel Wells dressed with CG Bare Bones

Interior cleaned with Autoglym Interior Shampoo
Interior Dressed with DP Interior Protectant
Carpet Vacuumed then extracted with Autowerkes Exclusive APC 5:1

Exterior befores. Thick coat of film on the exterior and even after it was washed and clay there was tons of oxidation on the paint making it look almost flat.

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

Exterior afters. There was a fair amount of clearcoat failure, but overall the car looks very good for it's age and considering I doubt it has ever been wax let alone detailed before.

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

Adhesive left on all windows, and big pieces of tint and adhesive left on rear window. Before

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

Rear window after

DSC_0501.jpg

After cleaning and inspecting the car the customer and myself came to the conclusion that the headlights should be restored. They were buffed with M105 on wool, M105 on orange foam, and then M205 on white foam. Finally the lights were sealed with Opti-coat to prevent any fogging in the future.

Headlights before

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

Headlights After

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

The interior was in pretty rough shape. Lots of scuffs and scratches that could not be fixed. Also lots of very old set in stains that could not be removed competly. Overall a huge improvement was made.

Interior befores

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

Interior afters

DSC_0498.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

So today we have a nicely modified 2007 Civic Si. This car is owned by a friend of mine who I met when I used to have the same type of car as this. He is headed to a big meet this weekend so he wanted his car to look its best. It was by no means in terrible shape, but did need some TLC to get it looking its best!!!

Products and Procedure

Wash and Decon
Foamed with Meguiars Gold Class mixed with OPC
Washed with Ultima Shampoo and 2 bucket method
Iron X applied to entire paintwork, let dwell, agitate, then rinse off.
Entire exterior clayed with Ricardo Yellow clay and Dodo juice Born to be Slippery for lube

Wheels, tires, and wheel wells
Wheels cleaned with Sonax FE and multiple brushes
Tires and wheel wells cleaned with OPC 3:1
Tires dressed with Muc-Off tire dressing
Wheel wells dressed with DP tire Gel cut 1:1

Correction and protection
Vertical panels corrected with Menzerna PowerFinish on a Cyan pad via PCXP
Horizontal panels compounded with M105 on Meguiars MF cutting pad via PCXP
Horizontal Panels polished with M205 on Tangerine pad via PCXP
Paintwork protected with Prima Banana Gloss then topped with Prima Hydro

Odds and ends

Exhaust tip polished and protected with Collinite Metal wax one 0000 steel wool, then terry cloth towel
Windows cleaned with Meguiars Glass Cleaner
Trim dressed with Muc-Off Tire and Bumper dressing

Ok, I guess that just leaves the pics!!!

Here is my helper for the day, getting in the way as usual!
dog001.jpg

First I attacked the wheels which weren't terribly dirty, but had some baked on brake dust.
wheelbeforenw001.jpg

Sonax FE was applied and allowed to dwell for 5 minutes. The change in color shows its working
wheelsduringnw001.jpg

wheeldurningnw002.jpg

And here it is after being cleaned, and the tires having been dressed.
wheelafternw001.jpg

This car is turbocharged, and laid down some very high numbers on the dyno. However running a little rich coupled with not being washed recently left most of the car looking like this. It's a good bit of road tar, embedded brake dust, and soot.
dirtycarnw001.jpg

dirtycarbeforenw002.jpg

Here is the foam dwelling helping to strip the lsp and remove any loose dirt particles before we touch the paint.
foamingnw001.jpg

After being washed I applied Iron X to the vehicle. He it is while it's dwelling, before being agitated, and then rinsed clean.
ironxnw001.jpg

ironxnw002.jpg

Following that the car was clayed and then dried. Here is what the paint looked like. Tons of before pictures were taken due to being short on time. Most of the car was covered with swirls just like this. The roof, hood, and trunk were a little deeper, but not much.
swrislbeforenw001.jpg

All the vertical panels only required one step to remove most of the defects. The horizontal panels got hit with two steps to get out most of the defects and leave a highly refined finish. I would say the car is 90% corrected, with a few RIDS left here and there. You will see some RIDS in the pictures, but the swirls were gone.

sunnw001.jpg

sunnw002.jpg

sunnw003.jpg

sunnw004.jpg

sunnw005.jpg

Next we moved to the exhaust tip. If you think the trunk was covered in soot, check this thing out!!!

exhausttipbeforenw001.jpg

And all cleaned up and protected

exhausttipafternw001.jpg

And finally here are some full after pics, and reflection pics.

reflectionnw001.jpg

reflectionnw004.jpg

reflectionnw005.jpg

And here are just two that I was having fun with. They are pretty heavily edited, but I think they look super cool.

reflectionnw003.jpg

blueedit003.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look at my thread. I would love to hear your feedback!!! :dblthumb2:

Beautiful work as usual. About how many hours not including the wheels and exhaust tip (just paint)?
Thanks! I was moving pretty slow since it was over 100 the whole time, so I would say about 8 hours on just the paint.

Back