Hondata Releases 2012 Honda Civic Si ECU Reflash!!

^^ they made a flashpro unit for the 2006+ r18 engines (non-si models). There are some ignition changes between the 8th/9th, plus the 9th has econ mode. Maybe the r18 in the 9th will get a flashpro relatively easily.

Possible changes in fuel mileage will be interesting as people reflash or get the toned down dealer update (accessibility is still spotty) ... I've heard to expect no change to perhaps 1 - 2 MPG (from Hondata) although there is no tweaking of the a/f mixture. The bottom line -- If it increases gas mileage and power, which is what Hondata has done, why didn't Honda just do that in the first place?

pic where the ecu is -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/h...-civic-si-ecu-reflash.3804/page-13#post-86274

"advances the ignition, alters the cam timing and optimizes the fuel"

hondata is more aggressive than the stock setup, but nothing crazy. It's a one size fits all tune basically. They'll be offering a flashpro option where you can customize the tune based on your aftermarket mods/forced induction, cams, or whatever. It's like $700 or so, but offers a lot more functionality.

Thx... Read about this update before I bought the car, although the dealer didn't have the update as of a couple weeks ago. Maybe Honda is rolling out the update, dunno. In the past, rev hang was treated with a similar update but only if the customer complained. Apparently Honda wants to retain it's CARB bragging rights. To some the 9th gen rev hang is considered to be the worst ever. No wonder Honda is discontinuing the car.

Funny thing. I've owned nothing but Hondas and this SI could be best one yet. A great mid-life crisis car, and so much cheaper than a mistress. :) But so far in a month I've got a whopping 21 miles on it. Can't stand the rev hang... and "over rev" (as some call it) whereby the engine continues to accelerate even after you've released the throttle. It gets more complicated because the reflash solution could be used to deny warranty coverage. Then I start reading about oil consumption -- yikes! This is almost the same 2.4 my 2009 Accord has (which doesn't burn a drop) so I'm wondering what's up with that. I'm almost afraid the drive the thing! :)

Thanks for the help... great great site.
I totally agree with you Bruce. This is the best Si yet but the rev hang drives me nuts!! I'm waiting very patiently for the new Honda software to be released here in Canada.

I just shipped my ECU to Hondata yesterday via FedEx Priority Overnight (delivery no later than 10:30am). Hopefully they will ship it overnight back to me even tho I'm in Hawaii.

My ECU finally returned from Hondata this past Friday. Rev hang is pretty much nonexistent and has a much stronger top end.

P5byG.jpg

My ECU finally returned from Hondata this past Friday. Rev hang is pretty much nonexistent and has a much stronger top end.

P5byG.jpg
Nice... You took the plunge! I also heard the speed limiter is gone, so that will help the "top end" too!!
By the way, how hard is it to yank the control unit out?

I wish they could crack the ilx...its so similar.
what dar-dar said. I don't know that there is anything to crack per say. They probably just need a test car (if they haven't already tested it)? Anyone on the ilx forums contact them to see if they've tested an ilx?

No, there's nobody in there area...actually, there might be one guy. Anyone have their info? And, yes, they share the same ecu.

^here's what they said:

It is still to early to say. We have not seen one and we have a large number of other things we are currently working on.

Matt
Hondata Inc.
2840 Columbia St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 782-8278
310.782.6383 FAX
http://www.hondata.com

Back