1.6L Honda Civic Earth Dreams Engine Unveiling At Paris Auto Show

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda Civic 1.6L Earth Dreams Engine

After making the announcement on the development of a new 1.6-liter turbocharged diesel engine at the Geneva Salon, Honda is now ready to show its smaller displacement oil burner on the latest Civic hatchback.

Honda_Diesel_Civic.jpg

The 1.6-liter i-DTEC is the first engine in Europe to feature Honda's Earth Dreams Technology series (in North America, the automaker introduced the series with the new Accord's 2.4-literpetrol unit). It is rated at 118HP (120PS) at 4,000 rpm and 300Nm (221.3 lb-ft) at 2,000 rpm with Honda stating that the Civic will return a combined consumption of just 3.6lt/100km (65.3 mpg US or 78.5 mpg UK) with CO2 emission of only 94 g/km (for cars with 16-inch wheels).

Together with the 1.6-liter i-DTEC Civic, Honda also plans to show the 2013 CR-Z Hybrid Coupe facelift, the EV-Ster Concept electric roadster, the European market CR-V and a special display with the an original first generation Civic at its Paris Motor Show stand. The auto show is scheduled for September 29th - October 14th 2012.

That is impressive, am i reading this correct..... 221 lb feet of torque?????
It's about time they made a diesel... just look at how economic the Jettas TDI is... close to 50 mpg and alot more power than the standard civic

D-tec just kicked in yo! 65.3mpg is really good for combined mpg. I wonder what the hwy mpg is rated as.

Diesel Honda engines are good, quiet and economical. I personally like the 2.2 turbo diesel with 150hp :)

Well ... maybe Volkswagen has better engines regarding economy but .... :)

And you have a loooooooot of torque and better fuel economy than hybrids and waaaayyyy more fun :)
I think also in the USA people are starting to realize that. It's funny because in Europe hybrids are becoming "in", even if more than 50% of cars sold are turbo charged diesels

Back