12 si HFP mods help

Ben Hyatt

Belleville, Ontario
Vehicle Model
Civic SI HFP
Body Style
Coupe
Hey ok so I have sadly found that my car has lost performance due to my mods I have. But it will be fixed in the spring! :) I want to do a few more mods to my car but I'm not sure what should be next I have different friends saying different things. I just need help with what engine mods.

I have now:
Injen cai
Full race catted Downpipe and exhaust

I'm getting flash pro and dyno tuned by teknotik out of Toronto for anyone up here. I've heard there really good.

My thing is what else should I have before I get that dyno tuned? Injectors and fuel pump or what? I wanna stay n/a of course

Some help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

There aren't a ton of options left for you. You could look at going with the rbc manifold/larger throttle body / larger intake combo. That's about the only other performance thing left to do engine wise besides going supercharger/turbo. The injectors/fuel pump don't need touched unless you're turbo/sc. You won't have any gain by doing those. Otherwise, you could look at handling mods or other style mods?

I heard there isn't much gains with the throttle body.. And ok hmm well I'm getting lighter rims so that will have trap speed for 1/4 mile and pulls. So you would say don't bother getting the injectors? The stock ones will provide enough fuel and that? I want to be faster then my buddy's VW r32 lol so once it's tuned I should be good then even with his awd. You think the rbc manifold will help a lot? My problem is I would love to turbo it but I'm just waiting for a turbo for next gen si to come with it so I want to be all
Motor with the best engine mods

not the throttle body spacer... a larger throttle body like the acura zdx throttle body mated to the rrc manifold. A handful of people have done it. The two in tandem with larger diameter intake could yield around 20hp or so once tuned

how come the 9th gen si's don't come with a rbc manifold like the 8th gen's did?

I want to be faster then my buddy's VW r32 lol so once it's tuned I should be good then even with his awd.
I'd invest in a tune, some good tires and some driving time. Unless his R32 is boosted, you can beat him with your mods+tune. They weigh 3500 lbs. and only put out around 200 awhp due to the parasitic AWD system. With intake, exhaust and tune they barely make 215-220 awhp. Stock they run 14's just like our Si's. and that's only due to the launch. Catch him from a roll and it's over. My room mate owned a R32 and I owned/built a GTI. We both own Hondas now ha. And nice car man. I own a HFP also.

The HFP has good tires and not to talk myself up but I have good reaction times and split time at the 1/4 mile I just need that tune as I see stock si'a running faster then my times .. I lose it all in the last 1/8 mile because of no tune so come may when it's tuned I shouldn't have a problem beating him and I got new rims :p black enkei fujin 18" thanks for the input!

The HFP has good tires and not to talk myself up but I have good reaction times and split time at the 1/4 mile I just need that tune as I see stock si'a running faster then my times .. I lose it all in the last 1/8 mile because of no tune so come may when it's tuned I shouldn't have a problem beating him and I got new rims :p black enkei fujin 18" thanks for the input!

Ya your right our cars do come with some decent summer tires but going with a 225 on those new enkei's instead of the stock 215 would be optimal. Ya if your 60 ft. Is in check then with a good tune you'll take him no problem!

Yeah up here in T.O there's a good place I'm
Getting it dyno tuned in May and there saying they always see 225-240 whp so I'm not to worried after that then I'll be down to 14.2's ish maybe break into 13.9 but yeah I might get tires but probably not until these are done haha

in all honesty, get tuned by vitviper, dude is a genius, and doesn't quit until your tune is done 100% will get you most gains with best reliability, and if you want best gains for what you have right now, id take off the intake and put your OEM one back in, thats the setup i have minus my exhaust is UR catless downpipe and UR 3" single muffler exhaust and compared to my gfs stock SI sedan, it outperforms here in everyway

Back