13 fb6 slow build

I've done this on two sets of fogs that were destroyed from rocks or whatever. Each time the lexan worked 100% for years without breaking again. You should still be able to get the small sheets at places like lowes or Home Depot. Basically you'll just need the small piece, a dremmel, some tape and rtv clear silicone. It's a very cheap fix that should last. The procedure should basically be the same....just make a template from your own fog

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-...6-cracked-fog-light-lens-replacement-diy.html
I went to get a sheet of lexan yesterday and lowes only had the big sheet for like $80 so I ended up getting plexi and put it on today. Letting it sit over night to be sure the silicone seals good

Well that sucks. Was the plexi you bought pretty thick?

Well that sucks. Was the plexi you bought pretty thick?
Yea thick enough I believe.finished and put it back on today.. Kinda bugs me a little how it's flat compared to stock and leaves that little gap when put on

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
You can't see the gap in this picture..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Thanks.. Came out a lot better than I thought.. Last time i worked with plexi it didn't work out to well

What does it actually help with? Was it easy to install?

Supposed to help with smoother shifts and less play. Haven't drove anywhere but up driveway with them yet to see the difference tho. Very easy install 30-45

I ask my wife if I got mail since I'm waiting on more stuff. She says yeah just junk mail tho nothing your waiting on. She brings it in and my wheel stickers are here so now time to quite procrastinating on fixing the wheels so I can paint and finish them

Back