14 coupe rear bumper on 12-13 coupe?

Erouse91

Does anyone know if the rear bumper from the new coupes can be used on the 12-13 coupes? It has a certain flow that I think the 12-13 coupes needed at the rear. Also as a side question, i like the coloring of the tail lights and was wondering if just ruby red overlays would provide roughly the same effect for my tail lights. Thanks for any responses. image.jpg

I'm just guessing, but think the extra lights would be the only thing that would need moding. I'd think the bumper would just hook-up.
Not so with the front,but maybe.
I think we're just going to have to wait till more ppl buy and try different stuff...... The waiting game.

The black area is ok, I like the smoother look of the 12's, it's all the extra crease lines that are being added to each model since the 12's, and added lights that seem un-needed, not to mention harder to keep clean.

I too like the rear tail lights. I think I'm going to put on a thin coat of Nightshade to darken mine a bit.
Would be great if those lights were direct fit. Maybe when there is a meet someone could try it out.

O I didn't think they were lights. I figured maybe reflector strips like the 09-13 TL's do right near the bottom of the rear bumpers. If they are light however I think I might want to stick with the stock bumper. Seems like a pain to hook up lights like that

Maybe I could try using a stencil to mask out the areas it want to use nightshade then using a ruby red overlay for more of a euro type look. What do you think?

Maybe I could try using a stencil to mask out the areas it want to use nightshade then using a ruby red overlay for more of a euro type look. What do you think?
I like the way you think. I was thinking the same thing. This will be a little more difficult than first thought however. Have to take into consideration where the lights are when figuring out what pattern to make. Wish we could just copy the 2013-2014 colour pattern, but the lights are in different places ( reverse lights for example).

u7ahaja4.jpg
my ruby red overlays If that helps at all.

That's actually great. All I really want is for it to be a bit darker so I think I might be able to just find a film to overlay that should give me the effect I want. Or maybe a mix of nightshade and film. Don't know. Trial and Error at this point but I'm cool with that. Does anybody have any news on fitment of the rear bumper though. I know the front won't fit due to the new headlight design but all I want is the rear and maybe the side skirts.

Back