'15 Ex Coupe

mph

Mississauga, ON
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey

I recently picked up a '15 Ex Coupe (taffeta white) after getting rid of my MK4 Jetta. This is my first brand new car and loving it so far. Looking forward to doing some upgrades and making it my own.

Current mods:
-35% tint
-OEM all season floor mats
-Ksport Kontrol Pros, SPC Rear camber arms

Future upgrades:
-Progress Rear Sway Bar 22", upgraded bushings/endlinks
-Weathertech All Season Floormats
-17" or 18" wheels

Maybe later down the road:
-Flashpro + Downpipe
-3.5" intake
-Exhaust

Fresh off the lot (06/08/15):

View: http://imgur.com/a/7P9mo

Coils installed (08/20/15):

View: http://imgur.com/a/K8Ghf

Thanks!

Last edited:
Congrats, but pictures don't work.

Reactions: mph
You say you're getting better handling but still want less body roll........... Just for the sake of everyone that may not know, but roll is a contributor to better handling....... The degree of roll vs's handling is what is trying to be accomplished by the driver, and in what arena it is to be used.

What is needed is someone that has the tested results that you want, to set your car up with. A place to start may be a suspension tuning shop. For the sake of this forum, someone that went though the info and applied it to the same model car you have.

As for me I have added a "Progress" rear 22mm sway bar. At this point I have liked the improvement.

You say you're getting better handling but still want less body roll........... Just for the sake of everyone that may not know, but roll is a contributor to better handling....... The degree of roll vs's handling is what is trying to be accomplished by the driver, and in what arena it is to be used.

What is needed is someone that has the tested results that you want, to set your car up with. A place to start may be a suspension tuning shop. For the sake of this forum, someone that went though the info and applied it to the same model car you have.

As for me I have added a "Progress" rear 22mm sway bar. At this point I have liked the improvement.

I like the stiffness my coils are set at right now, and I do notice less roll on turns campared to stock. But I feel my car should have even less roll to match how stiff my suspension is set at.

Thanks a lot for the info, I'll check out the Progress rear sway bar.

I'll be raising it half or 3/4 of an inch in a week or so. Too low for winter here.

Last edited:
The 17" HFP would give it a sporty stock look, imo is good for an Ex. Or if you want more performance go for a light 17". 18s could def hinder performance if you don't go super light like an RPF1 or similar.

From personal experience, even stock 17" Si wheels (24 lbs each) make EXs more sluggish than HFPs (20lbs each)- too much slow for my liking. I wouldn't touch 18"s at all.

The 17" HFP would give it a sporty stock look, imo is good for an Ex. Or if you want more performance go for a light 17". 18s could def hinder performance if you don't go super light like an RPF1 or similar.

Thanks for the input! I'm not really big on the 17" HFP style. I like the diamond cut 18" HFP's a lot better. Though I'd love to have 18's, I wouldn't want to sacrifice performance.

Last edited:
From personal experience, even stock 17" Si wheels (24 lbs each) make EXs more sluggish than HFPs (20lbs each)- too much slow for my liking. I wouldn't touch 18"s at all.

Thanks for the info man! You changed my mind about getting 18's. Now to find some light weight 17s that aren't too expensive.

Back