'15 si coupe headlight help

Dennis T

I want to buy a different style headlights for my 2015 si coupe but i cant find anywhere to buy it. Looking for halo or angel light type headlights... thanks in advance

Time for this retrofit. Any suggestions welcome. I was just planning to remove amber corner, but since the vault is already broken open. Might as well

Attachments

• 1451167875017732596100.jpg
    1451167875017732596100.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 16
do you have any parts yet, or you're starting from square one? Have you ever done a retrofit before?

I'd strongly suggest you only going with the mini h1 projectors from TRS. It's basically the only projector that doesn't require any cutting of your stock reflector bowl. Any other projector is going to require you to do a bunch of cutting and fitment. Just getting things aligned and rotationally correct is a decent amount work. If you go with something other than a mini h1 projector, I'd highly suggest talking to someone like rich at hidillusionz.com. There is a decent learning curve in trying to cut reflectors and align them properly.

it's a matter of getting the projectors both level to one another, and level to the road so the shields are perfectly horizontal when mounted in the car. If they are even a couple degrees off, the light will be going up at the sides of the road and blinding oncoming cars. It's not as simple as it sounds. Once the projectors are sealed up with jbweld to the reflector, there really isn't a simple way to fix the rotation of them. You'd have to cut the projector back out of the reflector and start again. There are commercial retrofit companies that even have to redo the rotation for customers when they're not right.

it comes with one shroud but they can all be removed and interchanged. You can buy larger shrouds to place a halo there.

@Nix has a set - maybe he can post a pic. His pic in the retro thread is down for me

oh crap... yeah.... dang photo bucket account crap... let me see if I can dig up the pics.

Of the shrouds right?

KIMG0297.jpg KIMG0300.jpg Update: Headlight retrofit. I've been busy so it will take me while to complete. up next need the projectors ordered. any one know the difference in wattage?

Last edited:
Yeah compatible ballast. Besides the obvious of greater wattage. 35w or 50w anything special needed for 50w

Back