17x9 +35 Tire options

Safe Gabe

San Francisco, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey, so I've had 17x9 RPF1s before on my previous car with a 245/40/17. I've been looking around on here and noticed that people aren't running anything larger than a 215 on a 9", which is cool if you're into that kinda stuff, but I anticipate seeing track time with this car like my previous cars. I'm just not into hellaflush, poke, or stance.

I've been looking around at the RPF1s again as an option for my sedan. I can roll fenders, that's no problem, but I don't want the wheel/tire to be sticking out past the fender. Is it possible to run a 245/40/17 with this arrangement, or should I go with 235/40's instead? There aren't much as far as tires are concerned in the 235's, but I think my concern is whether or not a 9" wide wheel will have issues rubbing on the inside.

My previous car as a reference --
5714763583_df4692f6be_z.jpg

Oh i didn't know he was running a +22et. From what it looks like, the +22 requires a lot of camber to fit under the fenders. Based on what I've read (on 8thgens at least), -1.4*F and -1.5*R is ideal.

Thoughts?

Oh i didn't know he was running a +22et. From what it looks like, the +22 requires a lot of camber to fit under the fenders. Based on what I've read (on 8thgens at least), -1.4*F and -1.5*R is ideal.

Thoughts?

I was running way more camber than that in order to make my fitment clear. Without Fender Roll/Pull and Quarter Roll I'd rub heavily on slight bumps on the roads. Unless you run like 215's like most of the 9th gen guys on here, you should be fine and run a bit less camber. I like my tires fitted not stretched. 9x+35 with 245 shouldn't be a problem but I was on 235/40 Star Specs, Star Specs are actually a size bigger than they actually are, they measured at 245mm which I find it weird. Well I guess it's the thicker side walls. 245/40 on x9+35 in the front will clear but the rear...will not, you'll have to run a lot of camber for the rear unless you do some sort of quarter work. Well that's what I think in my own opinion unless any other 9th genners can chime in!

When you say clear, I'm assuming you're talking about the fenders themselves. The 235 Star Specs are slightly bigger than even the RT615k's I had, so I know what that's like. There are plenty more tire options in the 245. I have no problem rolling my rear fenders, but I'd like to avoid having to pull them. When i was asking about clearance, I was referring to inner clearance.

When you say clear, I'm assuming you're talking about the fenders themselves. The 235 Star Specs are slightly bigger than even the RT615k's I had, so I know what that's like. There are plenty more tire options in the 245. I have no problem rolling my rear fenders, but I'd like to avoid having to pull them. When i was asking about clearance, I was referring to inner clearance.

Inner clearance in the front x9+35 you'll clear as for the rears x9+22 and 235/40 star specs i was rubbing against the rear shock strut without camber adjustments.

Quick question guys. I have a sedan Si. I like the lip look of the 17x9 rpf1 would a +35 be fine with 235/40 pilot super sports? I just want to drop on D2 coils. Not pulling or rolling here. Also will camber adjustment be needed?

Thanks

Quick question guys. I have a sedan Si. I like the lip look of the 17x9 rpf1 would a +35 be fine with 235/40 pilot super sports? I just want to drop on D2 coils. Not pulling or rolling here. Also will camber adjustment be needed?

Thanks

Here you go --
17x9+35 with 235/40 should be fine for front and rear. Shouldn't have any issues. 17x9+22 with 235/40 you'll require to run some serious negative camber in the rear.

17x9 +22 offset both front and back should fit fine with 245/40 right? Just depends on how low you are correct? Without rolled fenders

yes I had to run camber in the front and rear on my set up cause I ran 17x9+22 & 235/40 Tires. My camber setting for my front were: -3.5 degrees my camber setting for my rear were: -4.5 degrees to tuck my wheels/tires. Without major camber in the front my tires will hit against my fenders and as for the rears my tires will rub the inside of my quarters.

Did you adjust preload? I'm not going for that "flush" look. Going for meaty and functional look. Again I'm not trying to go as low as possible. Does that make a difference.?

Back