17x9 +45 sbc rpf1s!

Tortoise

Looking to order a set tonight. Will they fit on the stock si tires? Or will they rub on the suspension somewhere? Anybody have pics of how these would sit..I searched and couldnt find anything..Looking to order these like now!

Awesome, definitely cant wait to see the results first hand. Are you on a coupe or sedan?

sedan but nobody can gimme an answer if they will fit or not. wanna know before i spend 1400 on wheels

You'll be 10mm (.39 inches) closer to your stock suspension with that wheel/offset over stock.

+35 for comparison below -

my rpf1 is 17x9 +35 wrapped in 215/40/17 continental conti contact it has a nice lil stretch..and thanks guys for the love
2j175v5.png

2ikf95.png

b8rbci.png

:shady: .... you have the car with the specific springs installed. Do you have 10mm clearance to your suspension components or not? You should

I'm going to get some 17x9 +45 offset Enkei wheels. I see from previous posts that the stock Si tires (215/45/17) will fit but will it be stretched? I'm keeping my cars suspension stock. I'm more worried if the sidewall is 'stretched' or not 'flush' with the edge of the wheels where if I hit a pothole it would puncture at the sidewall. Does that question make sense?

Last edited:
Yes, with stretched tires you run more of the risk of tire damage from road hazards.

I'm going to get some 17x9 +45 offset Enkei wheels. I see from previous posts that the stock Si tires (215/40/17) will fit but will it be stretched? I'm keeping my cars suspension stock. I'm more worried if the sidewall is 'stretched' or not 'flush' with the edge of the wheels where if I hit a pothole it would puncture at the sidewall. Does that question make sense?

pics of 215/40-17's on 9" wide rim
http://tyrestretch.com/9.0_215_40_R17/

Yes, with stretched tires you run more of the risk of tire damage from road hazards.
Hey bud I now plan on getting these wheels as well. How bad of a risk will it be to have a 9 inch wide wheel on a a 215 tire? I do plan on getting 225/40r17s once these tires wear out but I'm sure if be ok in the mean time right? I mean what would I have to be cautious about? And also do any of you guys think it would be better to do a +45 offset over a +35? I want it to be flush but I want to avoid a lot of camber. I will be rolling fenders. And my drop is just where there is no gap not really tucking or anything

I personally would not run any narrower than a 225 width tire on a 9" wheel. Thats personal preference mostly. I know there are a lot of guys running a 215 or even a 205 width. Just be extra careful for the time being. Potholes and bumps in the road will be more damaging as well as debris. The sidewall being under more strain can cause some pretty spectacular blowouts. Its not a really far stretch to be honest. The lip of the rim will be sticking out so curbing your wheel will be a bit easier to do also. I don't think the 215 is a horrible stretch but I wouldn't drive too aggressively with those on there.

As far as the offset goes, I believe the +45 will be pretty close to the struts. The nice thing with the +45 is you can always run a spacer. I know at least a couple people on here have run the +35 and rubbed with a 225 width tire on the fender. Camber and fender work can make up a lot of space. Between the two if you want it flush I think the +35 is the better option.

Also, @Safe Gabe has that wheel size and he is currently trying to fit 255 width tires. If he could chime in, he may be able to give you more of an idea of how much space you have and which offset to go with. You can safely run a 3mm spacer on the stock studs which would allow you to adjust the +45 offset slightly outwards.

@Michal006 had those wheels as well.

Last edited:
I might do the +35 then. I mean I can roll my fenders and don't mind adding a bit more camber. I already have my camber set a bit more than stock. I believe I'm running -1.7 rears -.7 fronts

Back