2010 Fit Track Rat Build

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Bought a 2010 Fit Sport 5MT for a decent price. $4900, 106k miles, and one of the only manuals I've been able to find in a long time. The body is in rough shape, but it was a one owner car, and mechanically it's perfectly sound. Also had a new clutch installed not long ago. I'll probably buy the HPD B-Spec starter kit for it (brake rotors, stainless steel lines, full exhaust, shocks, springs, etc. K-tuned finally released some software to open up the ECU on the L15s. I may go that route or look really hard into doing a k-swap if I plan on tracking it long term. For now it's been a great DD and at getting supplies from Home Depot.

I just got the wife a Forester XT so I'll be selling my WRX to save up some $ for another Si in the meantime (9th or 10th). Really waiting on details for the Si.

Sorry for the crappy pic. Started pissing down rain when I went to take normal shots.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 39
Looks like a fit sport as well? Seems like a great price

Glad someone is finally tuning the later model Fits. There was no love for them when I owned my '13 Fit Sport(manual). It was a great little fun car.....just needed some more HP. Ended up trading it for the '15 Si I have now.

I only had H&R lowering spring and a retro.....the car did well at the Dragon.

I just got the wife a Forester XT so I'll be selling my WRX to save up some $ for another Si in the meantime (9th or 10th). Really waiting on details for the Si.

What generation of WRX do you have? How come you don't want to keep it? Just curious

Tis a Fit Sport! And I'm happy people are starting to open up to modifying them at least engine wise. Nothing like having a stock map that only allows the throttle body to open up 80% and adjusts to that even if you add an intake.

I actually love my WRX (its a 2016) and don't want to get rid of it. But with buying my wife a Forester XT which is essentially a WRX wagon with a lift, theres no reason to have two of the same car (has slightly different internals). I'm going to try and sell it at first. Drive the Fit around until I really decide what I want next. I've had the itch for an S2000, I want another 9th gen too, but really want to wait and see what plays out with the 10th gen Si or CTR.

Reactions: Nix
I've got the 2012 Si Shell sitting around in my garage still too. Trying to sell that as well. Just too much work and I already have a full on race car in my 94 Accord that we use for Chump.

Damn.....you got all the goodies.....

Throw a K20 in the Fit. That would be one hell of a DD.

Well if I was in his shoes I would keep the WRX. Si is fun to drive and all, but majority of owners are :pat:

But he can drive his wife's FXT (though it's a CVT) if he wants to drive something different than the Fit. Also he already has a full race car ('94 Accord) if he needed some POWAR!

Who cares about the other Si owners? :confused: He doesn't have to deal with them.

But he can drive his wife's FXT (though it's a CVT) if he wants to drive something different than the Fit. Also he already has a full race car ('94 Accord) if he needed some POWAR!

Who cares about the other Si owners? :confused: He doesn't have to deal with them.

Are you his wannabe lawyer? I asked him a question not you. Carry on geez

Are you his wannabe lawyer? I asked him a question not you. Carry on geez

Lawyer.. Nope. I did want to be a lawyer as a kid.

and you asked him a question on a PUBLIC forum and got ME response because reading > you :popcorn:

So you have in your garage driveway:

2016 WRX
2016? Forester
2012 Si "shell" (no engine/trans?)
2010 Fit Sport
94 Accord "race car"

and an incoming 9th/10th Si?

Thats a lot of cars.

Also, I can't wait to see what you do to the Fit.

Lawyer.. Nope. I did want to be a lawyer as a kid.

and you asked him a question on a PUBLIC forum and got ME response because reading > you :popcorn:

Like I said before... Carry on Mr. I can't imagine you as a lawyer, but it's good to have dreams. ;)

So you have in your garage driveway:

2016 WRX
2016? Forester
2012 Si "shell" (no engine/trans?)
2010 Fit Sport
94 Accord "race car"

and an incoming 9th/10th Si?

Thats a lot of cars.

Also, I can't wait to see what you do to the Fit.

Correct. The Accord is kept at a garage with a few other race cars just because its more fun to work on it there.

I love the WRX I do and I'll regret getting rid of it but I honestly just drive it to work. A whole 16 miles round trip each day. Three school zones and a university are included in that trip each way with an avg speed of 20mph. You ever hear that saying it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow? I'd rather just drive a slow car slow that can also be fun to occasionally thrash on. Personal choice. At least I'm not going straight from my STI to a Fit. I made a step in-between haha. Honestly I'm more concerned about not having a car payment for a while than how cool I look in what I'm driving. As far as dealing with other 9th gen owners. I only have to deal with them if I chose to or not. I don't interact with the Subie crowd at all as it is. I've got a family to tend to, a job (two if you count the Guard), racing hobbies, and keeping in shape to worry about other than scene goers.

On topic with the car. With the trade I swapped my wife's retrofitted headlights out of her old Forester which has Morimoto X lens D2S projectors in it. Those will be going into the Fit this week. Also having the windows tinted and taking apart the top end to adjust the valve springs as theres a lot of noise in the 2500-4500RPM range.

Thanks for the response DirtyBird:thumb: Do you have pictures of your Accord?

For now... :useless:

Back