2012 ASM FB6

Is there a noticeable difference in how the car drives/feels?

Driving normally the car actually feels like it has less torque because the acceleration is smooth so you loose the push back jerky feeling when the gas is pressed.

I did slowly cruise up to 4000 rpms in 2nd gear and then mashed the throttle and it felt real nice.

I noticed a HUGE difference while accelerating through turns and corners, feels like a totally different car. It was almost crazy how the handling characteristics have changed while accelerating through turns.

Does vibrate at idle and leaving 1st gear, so that could be annoying if you drive in stop-go traffic. I do 80% highway travel so that is a non-issue for me but could definitely drive some owners crazy.

Reactions: Nix
Tinted windows a little while back.
SolarGard Back and Rear windows are HP Charcoal 22 front side windows are HP Charcoal 32 with a windshield strip of HP Charcoal 13. LLumar AIR 80 on the entire windshield.
tinted windows.jpg

Finally got the Swift springs installed. Took about 4 hours, was not in a rush plus it was over 90 degrees in the shop.
First impressions is that I wish I would have got these springs the day I bought the car. It reduced the bounciness of the stock springs but not too stiff for a daily driver. Body roll is almost completely gone. I will only be using Swift springs from now on, the quality of the product is second to none. These springs are engineered very well and fit perfect even though they are all wound the same direction compared to OEM springs which are wound opposite directions per side.
swiftrightside.jpg

Has your current setup change the ride quality of the car? ie: do you feel more cracks and bumps on the road as you're driving?

Has your current setup change the ride quality of the car? ie: do you feel more cracks and bumps on the road as you're driving?

The ride quality has improved, when I hit a bump or dip in the road, the car will make just a slight bounce where before I would feel the car bounce a couple of times to recover. The higher spring rate removes the excessive bounce but the rate is still soft enough for a comfortable ride, I drive 80+ miles to work each day. The best part is that with only a 1" drop and a higher spring rate you can drive normally and do not have to avoid dips and bumps in the road.

Back