2012 CBP FG4

oh nice! Did it pretty much bolt up?

The K24Z3 is the same motor basically the oil pain is the biggest difference and it will bolt right up. I had to replace my original motor and I used the K24Z3 vs the Z7 because of the price deference.

The K24Z3 is the same motor basically the oil pain is the biggest difference and it will bolt right up. I had to replace my original motor and I used the K24Z3 vs the Z7 because of the price deference.
Ohhh okay, now I'm with you. You swapped that Z3 into your Si! I thought that you meant you'd swapped out a R18 with the K24Z3 because of this:

That is a good deal. Are you swapping this for an R18?

Now I'm picking up what you're throwing down. :D

Damn I just had to do some reading. I didn't realize that the z3 was so close to the z7.

I knew that- no problem finding a used motor:popcorn: and cheap.:chopwood:

I'm stoked. It'll be fun rebuilding it.

Of I could find one for that price it would.be in my garage right now... nice find.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Got a sweet deal on a Skunk2 Megapower RR system this weekend (Thanks @ron v :D) Now I just need to figure out what size bolts go in the back half. May just take it into the store with me and size it up.

Still having a hell of a time looking for the battery relocation tray for the CAI. At this point I'm wondering if I should just go with another relocation kit. Looks like the K-Tuned tray is for both the 8th and 9th gen, so I'm hoping that goes the same for others. Maybe that will give me a few more options. Anyone have any experience using a relocation tray that wasn't paired with the CAI?

Yea. I’m using the skunk 2 relocation tray with the prl cai. Or u can relocate ur battery to the back of ur car.

Still having a hell of a time looking for the battery relocation tray for the CAI. At this point I'm wondering if I should just go with another relocation kit. Looks like the K-Tuned tray is for both the 8th and 9th gen, so I'm hoping that goes the same for others. Maybe that will give me a few more options. Anyone have any experience using a relocation tray that wasn't paired with the CAI?

My current PRL SRI is paired with a PRL battery relocation kit. I actually have a CAI ready to install as well. Waiting until Spring at this point. If you just want the battery relocation kit, prl has them. Look on their site or just call them. They are great to work with.

Yep. Solid dudes. Tell them what u need and they’ll work with u.

I think I'm just gonna take this to the muffler shop and have them install it. I'm getting impatient, and I can't imagine that a 7 year old exhaust system is going to be easy to remove. I was quoted $120 for the install. I'm thinking that's well worth the effort that it would save. As much as I want to wrench on the car I also don't want to get stuck with the car on jack stands having not finished the job before I have to pack it all in. I think suspension will be the first thing I tear into myself. That seems to be a fairly straightforward install. Looking for a set of coilovers and a RSB now. [emoji16]

b2a4cbdbe6af7e7e806fa0013501ccb8.jpg
be61362425cd01706a8799963df0c69f.jpg

You’ll still be coming out on top for what u paid lol. Remember have them check that bolt post I told u about and u might wanna get those stuff hangers before too. Just a though...

You’ll still be coming out on top for what u paid lol. Remember have them check that bolt post I told u about and u might wanna get those stuff hangers before too. Just a though...

Yep. I have a video I'm gonna show them when I take it in and ask them to cut it right off the bat. This is the bolt you were talking about, right? Looks like this is exactly what you were telling me about. Hangers too.

View: https://youtu.be/YIzHvFqo4yo?t=364

Last edited:
I just found out that the rear suspension is slightly different on the 14-15 vs the 12-13. I just almost bought some D2 coilovers that wouldn't even fit! [emoji15]

Dodged a bullet on that one!!

Bla-dow!

First legit mod is in the books. Skunk2 Mega Power RR installed! It sounds AMAZING and it's NOWHERE as loud as I thought it was gonna be. The silencer makes a hell of a difference I'm guessing. Gonna go a few days with the silencer and then pull in out and compare/contrast. Not sure I really like the look for it with the silencer, but I KNOW I like the look of no tickets. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

(Pardon the filth. I know, she needs a wash [emoji38])
ad4e43d6b7647d3901d2c27cf8d336c2.jpg
Inkedfb859c73794a171e2c4d768d9491c13b_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Back