2012 Civic Audio Wiring Guide & Pinouts For Factory Radio

Anyone know where to get wiring harnesses for pre and post amp connectors? Figured it'd be easier to get those two, splice RCAs into pre amp harness and run those to my amps then run aftermarket amp output back to stock post amp connector so i dont have to run new wires to all my speakers.

Main reason I want the harnesses for those points is so i dont have to cut any wires and if I ever need to take my aftermarket system out it makes that a whole lots easier too.

PS would love a source that ships to Canada or sells in Canada
would love this also... looked on metra online and its a no go....

Factory amps should be located under the steering wheel for all models that have premium audio if I'm not mistaken. If it's not premium audio, then it's a powered head unit

LX models have the basic stereo, without an external amp. Only EX and above coupes and all Si (sedans and coupes) have the lousy premium audio system.

I meant to post in this thread......
Thanks Webby. I want to bump this pin out schematic. I was able to do my install last weekend. With a little help from a Crutchfield master sheet for dismantling my dash. (Props to guys on live chat to send that to me in less than 5 minutes) The pin out was amazing. I was able to find the remote and sub +/- out with no problems (PRE AMP). I was able to solder (right in the dash) my remote turn on and a set of female RCAs (not a LOC ) to the correct wires. It was a one and done for me. This was my first attempt at a custom box install. I still need to get it tuned...it a touch loud. Anyway, using my factory radio, factory amp for my mids and highs. Everything works as is should

Heres what i used for my RCA's (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67780_Rockford-Fosgate-RFIF2SW.html) (I simply just soldered the positives and negatives together and then to the sub +/- in the appropriate wire harness., again thank you guys at Crutchfield live chat for that advice too)

View attachment 48461 View attachment 48462

View attachment 48461 View attachment 48462

I hate to just rip into my dash again just for some pics, but as soon as i have a reason to get back in there (second amp for rest of my speakers) I'll def get some snaps. Honestly since this was my first run (and first Si 9th gen ) I wanted to make sure it worked before I plastered DIY pictures all over the place.

I only say this cause in the 9 months I have been a member I have seen a dozen questions with people wanting to do this. It would be nice for new members to have link with a how to. I would have liked to see one myself before I had someone do it for me.

From all that i have researched, the only way to get "pre amp" is you need to get to the wire harness between the head unit and factory amp. Again, i am no expert, but from what i have read from all the forums, the amp has a built in cross over. Even using a LOC, you may not get the best result unless get in there before the amp. I'll see what i can come up with this weekend. I actually and taking my amp and box out as i have to drop my car off at a body shop. Someone rear ended me a couple weeks ago and the Insurance company FINALLY approved my estimate. It was actually the last week in June when it happened.

From all that i have researched, the only way to get "pre amp" is you need to get to the wire harness between the head unit and factory amp. Again, i am no expert, but from what i have read from all the forums, the amp has a built in cross over. Even using a LOC, you may not get the best result unless get in there before the amp. I'll see what i can come up with this weekend. I actually and taking my amp and box out as i have to drop my car off at a body shop. Someone rear ended me a couple weeks ago and the Insurance company FINALLY approved my estimate. It was actually the last week in June when it happened.
Exactly!! Use the preamp and get a full signal and you can hear everything all around you instead of just in the front

Got my car back today, was stuck with a 2015 Jetta.... Nice car but not my Si. While the car was at the shop, i was able to get my LED strip installed behind the face of the box. Its "o-k"... Not my total vision but close, need to find more flexible strips to allow me to get a full glow effect. But i dont think its horrible for my first custom sub box.

ba9g0.png

===
14mb903.png

====
ml5hed.png

===

20fb2mr.png

====
mm4brq.png

====
1zv4zn7.png

===
j5uu01.png

====
2ptxma9.png

====
24o7c06.png
I'm wondering what would be the difference for the non premium Head Unit. ?
Will all these pins/wires basically be the same?

Does anybody know where, or even if, you can buy the female/male connectors for the 18pin and 24pin amplifier connections? The closest thing I found was a few Metra connectors for the Honda Fit, but I don't know if they are the same.

Back