2012 Civic Coupe EX Build

Hell yea. And you’ll be fine. I did mine without power tools. Pb blast and a little muscle. It’s helpful to have a friend to do the rears though.

Grab a spring compressor for free at autozone. They rent them free with just a deposit down.

I picked up the spring compressors today and have all the parts, just waiting for FedEx to deliver my camber kit... Hopefully it comes soon so I can do it Monday when I'm off. Thanks, Ron, got some help so hopefully it all goes well and then take her to the alignment shop and be all set up!

Webby, where do I put those camber bolts??

Which side do I put them in on? Front/back left/right? Thanks for the visual, that is actually a good photo. I'm just going to get the suspension out of the way tomorrow and then go ahead and do the camber kit when I get them since that isn't too difficult. How did you or what is the best way to break the strut nut loose?

Which side do I put them in on? Front/back left/right? Thanks for the visual, that is actually a good photo. I'm just going to get the suspension out of the way tomorrow and then go ahead and do the camber kit when I get them since that isn't too difficult. How did you or what is the best way to break the strut nut loose?

View: https://youtu.be/bNorNRwMreM

I’ve seen that video before, but you mentioned that I needed to buy one set of the camber bolts so I’m wondering what side I’m going to be putting these on since I don’t have four sets.

The civic uses those bolts up front (2). It uses (2) camber arms for the rear. The amazon camber arms are sold individually, which is why I said you needed to order 2.

So one camber bolt on the front left and one camber bolt on the front right? I ordered the rear camber kit.

So one camber bolt on the front left and one camber bolt on the front right? I ordered the rear camber kit.
Just one bolt on each side at the top like the video. You won’t need the lower to be done. The front stays close to 0 degrees as you lower it. The rears gain negative camber as you lower it.

So I installed the suspension, I didn't install the camber bolts or the camber kit since I haven't gotten them yet. I forgot to put the washers or hardware that came with the front struts... Does that matter a whole lot or am I good without it. No rubbing, only issue was the mud flaps scrape.

I don’t know what washers you’re referring to specifically, but yes. You should be using the hardware they provided.

I'll be putting the washers on in the next few days, I have to take them back off. This is how she sits now though. She is a bit dirty.

eLENOnJ.jpg

Thanks! Really happy I went with this set up and not a 1.5 inch drop. Feels just right. I did have a question though, I know a 15mm offset for the tires would make the tires flush with the body, but since I am lowered and I would hit could I still have a 10mm offset for the front and back and not rub? I'm talking about the wheel adapters just to be clear. I want the tires to be tucked, just not so far inside.

Thanks! Really happy I went with this set up and not a 1.5 inch drop. Feels just right. I did have a question though, I know a 15mm offset for the tires would make the tires flush with the body, but since I am lowered and I would hit could I still have a 10mm offset for the front and back and not rub? I'm talking about the wheel adapters just to be clear. I want the tires to be tucked, just not so far inside.
Look at @Pauly99to17 ’s build.

He did 15mm front spacers and 20mm rear spacers.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/paulys-youre-my-boy-blue.6598/page-49#post-347164

Offset is not really the correct term here but I see what you are asking. Just measure out 10mm or 15mm from the tire, that will show you where the wheel spacers would put you. Either should be acceptable on stock wheels and a mild drop.
Keep in mind you want hub centric spacers and spacer with lugs otherwise you need extended studs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Their knock offs, but I'm really struggling with what other color tone I want to do. I was thinking of Black and dark purple. Purple fogs, interior, etc, but we'll see.

Got everything on my car and just got an alignment done.
PAP1EB3.jpg

Back