2012+ Civic Downpipe List With Product Info & Links

Your's may sound nearly as good once you dump the Tsudo and get the UR.

I'm new here but not new to tuning... I absolutely do not like round mufflers... I prefer oval mufflers more... Is there a company that just sells the manderel bent piping without the muffler ???

on these engines, i strongly encourage you to go round muffler - the oval does not sound nearly as deep or smooth/refined
The reasoning for an oval for me is because I live in Southern Komifornia ... And the cops here love loud exhaust like its a piece of steak with extra gravy. I'm planning on using a oval 3" in/out muffler with 3" piping...

ps. Geoff been awhile since I spoken to you ... last time we spoke was when your MR2 turbo manifold just was released. I was very surprise your company made the downpipe for my new beater... I'm sure its a quality piece...

And since I have you on ... is there any power difference between a catless down pipe and a catted one ???

Installed the full race dp matching with the Tsudo. And gotta admit. Love the way it sounds. Next intake and FP. It did turn on the check engine light. Will order a defouler soon

Installed the full race dp matching with the Tsudo. And gotta admit. Love the way it sounds. Next intake and FP. It did turn on the check engine light. Will order a defouler soon

If you are getting FlashPro any time soon, don't worry about the defouler.

The reasoning for an oval for me is because I live in Southern Komifornia ... And the cops here love loud exhaust like its a piece of steak with extra gravy. I'm planning on using a oval 3" in/out muffler with 3" piping...is there any power difference between a catless down pipe and a catted one ???

hey hey, being in so Cal, that's all the more reason to use the round muffler.. its much more quiet and less intrusive. On the Full-Race exhaust they're almost stock-silent with the oem cat, and still very subtle with the catted DP -- a catless DP is definitely not what id recommend for socal smog nazis!

hey hey, being in so Cal, that's all the more reason to use the round muffler.. its much more quiet and less intrusive. On the Full-Race exhaust they're almost stock-silent with the oem cat, and still very subtle with the catted DP -- a catless DP is definitely not what id recommend for socal smog nazis!
Geoff;
I've watch the videos of the Full Race exhaust with the dp ... its too loud for my taste. Knowing the cops around my area they would be very interested in my car if it was that loud. Plus I'm always heading to range on my days off. I dont want to get pulled over with the cargo I will be hauling...

^^stock DP + 3" catback exhaust would be my recommendation. Some people would suggest otherwise, but if you dont want any headaches in cali, dont change the DP. catback is a non issue

Some thoughts on having installed a Full-Race Downpipe and Exhaust

When I first installed both of these (at the same time), the only other modification I had was a resonator delete and K&N drop-in. I threw a CEL within 25 miles. I thought I was going to need an O2 defouler. I also had horrible rasp at moderate to heavy acceleration. Keep in mind this was on the stock tune. After I got FlashPro, I uploaded the ReFlash map and the CEL went away. The rasp was still there, though. Fast forward a few months and I installed an RBC, ZDX, and 3.5" SRI. I also loaded a basemap calibration (tune) geared towards my mods. No CEL was thrown AND the rasp went away...COMPLETELY. I believe the car was just not getting enough air. Even with the ReFlash, which also runs rich. This was not an ideal tune at all.

Lesson learned: To run this downpipe and exhaust, you need a proper tune! If you do not get a proper tune, you may throw a CEL and/or have horrible rasp depending on what mods you have installed.

Thoughts on sound

This was ear-splitting loud when I first fired it up in my garage. It breaks in fairly quick, though. Probably 500 miles or so and its tone will become stable. It has a nice deep tone and the drone is nearly non-existent when just cruising. Nice aggressive sound during acceleration. After using a proper tune, it got even deeper and sounds better!

Debating between UR catless DP and UR 3in exhaust with dual muffler option or FR catted DP with FR 3in exhaust. It's really tough sound wise because of how similar they are

UR set up:

View: http://youtu.be/2sp5otEXzbo

FR set up:

View: http://youtu.be/N4nJajj0lcg

@squiggy also has videos in this thread with this same set up

Help me out guys! I also have no smog in Florida so the cat in the FR set up is purely for sound.

i cant comment on the UR, but you really cant go wrong with Full-Race products for the K series engines... the amount of happy and satisfied customers we've heard from with this exhaust/DP setup lets us know we're doing something right

Anyone here have the skunk2 dp? Thinking about scooping it up but seems like everyone here like the rv6 or the full race one... Any input would be great! Thanks in advance

Curious if the greddy Evo 3 exhaust is made for the sedans.. All I hearing is they need to bypass something? I'm not sure they mean about that.

No getting around it without FlashPro or a defouler.
Im planning on getting the FR catted dp tomorrow, would I have any issues as he did with the check emission system warning? ps: its full stock as of now

Thanks for the help.

Back