2012 Civic Idle RPM & Vibration

justadriver

Hello everyone. Sorry if this has already been posted before.
So when I pull up to a stop/red light my car will vibrate a little too much. I can feel it in the steering wheel and pedals. Sometimes I get annoyed by this and shift to Neutral and the vibration goes away. The RPM goes up a bit when I do this.
I suspect the throttle body needs cleaning.

Info: No warning lights on, no message on screen. 2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX Automatic (R18Z1?) US Model. 75K miles.

hondata flashpro or ktuner would be helpful to you as well. You'd be able to adjust your idle rpm and probably get rid of that

Hello everyone. Sorry if this has already been posted before.
So when I pull up to a stop/red light my car will vibrate a little too much. I can feel it in the steering wheel and pedals. Sometimes I get annoyed by this and shift to Neutral and the vibration goes away. The RPM goes up a bit when I do this.
I suspect the throttle body needs cleaning.

Info: No warning lights on, no message on screen. 2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX Automatic (R18Z1?) US Model. 75K miles.

I have had this same problem on my personal 2014 Civic LX (same engine R18Z1, however I have the CVT and not the same 5 Speed Automatic, thats not related however, considering they both rely on torque converters). When I start experiencing this, it usually means a few things. A) your air filter needs replacing or cleaning (if your air filter can be cleaned. I recommend a K&N. lifetime warranty, and can be cleaned). B) your oil is either low or old and should be changed (consider Mobile one 0W-20 paired with a Bosch filter, that's what I've used since day one) C) Consider using a higher octane gas, contrary to popular belief, running premium in this engine really helps with reducing these vibrations and over all engine performance (not by much, but it's slightly noticeable) Finally, the most basic solution of the 4, turn off your AC, if the vibrations stop, then there's the source of your problem. Noticeable vibration while idling with the AC on is normal (to an extant. Obviously if it's extremely violent, there's a more serious problem), it's caused by the extra load from the Compressor, you can usually feel it kick on and off. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have run 89 octane in my car (I live in colorado, so that's premium there) since the day I bought it and it runs like a dream

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have run 89 octane in my car (I live in colorado, so that's premium there) since the day I bought it and it runs like a dream

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I broke my engine in on 89 and then made the switch to 93 (that's premium down here in Florida.) Runs beautiful, and I have accidentally put 87 in and noticed a huge difference. For one, my range dropped down from about 415 miles to 250 (actual mileage, based off the mileage my trip A read when I filled up the next time), and it ran like a lawn mower, rough and sluggish when on full throttle. Definitely plan to continue using 93 no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back