2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Post up what kind of gas mileage you're getting in your 2012 civic.

Mentioning your model and auto/manual would be helpful.

Example:

Just got 38mpg on my EX manual
Just got 30mpg on my SI manual
etc...

• Staff

Took this picture two hours into our trip home today. We drove from Des Moines, Iowa back home to Cedar Rapids, Iowa (2.5 hours, all interstate 70mph) and averaged a little over 45mpg.

Interestingly, on the way up there yesterday, we only got about 36mpg but it was storming and we were going against the wind pretty bad. Today was a nice day with low wind speed.

2012 Honda Civics start at about $17,000 where the Toyota Prius starts at $23,000. I think I'll take my Civic!

2011-06-23_15-48-01_953-jpg.451

We are getting 27.9 on our Si with mostly city driving. We're going up to PA this weekend, I'll reset and take some pictures for that trip, it's highway and then mountains/twisties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gas mileage since I bought the car is at 32.7, but it fluctuates... it was 32.2, but then we took a 3.5 hour highway trip last weekend, and it went up to 32.8. I can't stand eco mode... I have tried using it a few times, but I get annoyed too quickly and shut it off. :) I have an EX-L, automatic.

Recently bought a 2012 EX-L. Was told by salesman that a lot of owners were experiencing 40-45 mpg. I have 80-90% hwy driving and have never seen anything I consider close to that. Generally averaging about 35-36 mpg. Best tank ever 38 mpg. Frustrating because at times the real time mileage gauge will show 35-40 mpg one day and 50-55 mpg on the same roads, with the same driving practices, econ button, cruise, etc. No apparent correlation. I also verify that wind is a big factor. Seems to make 10-15 mpg sometimes between into or with the wind direction.

Like the car in general. Love the Bluetooth connect to my tunes. COuld be quieter, too much road noise. Sometimes the seat is not comfortable.

• Staff
Welcome to 9th ^^

The gauge isn't 100%, and you'll see similar remarks on other forums. Take your tank miles number (say 300), and divide it by the # of gallons you put in to fill up (say 10).

300/10= 30mpg that tank. I think your salesman was stretching the truth some. Your real world numbers are very respectable.

Haven't done the manual math, but just took a road trip across central Florida (flat land) in my '12 Si Coupe, at 70-75 mph, computer returned 32.3 mpg. Yippee!!

We were able to get about 41mpg on our 12-hour drive from Mississippi to Iowa over Thanksgiving. Got 36mpg on the way down and about 41 on the way back up. Back up the weather was nicer and we were following another car so I think it cut down a bit on wind resistance.

Wind is a huge factor, and don't forget changes in elevation. If you travel in hilly areas then you probably won't get quite what the car is capable of.

2012 EX 5 speed sedan.

Done about 5000 miles averaging 31 (wife) - 33 (me) mpg american in the city. 39-ish on the highway.
Personal best road trip was 43 mpg in hilly terrain but observing the speed limit +7% on a 150 mile trip.

Not many cars these days are capable of exceeding their posted fuel ratings! Bonus...

Now that I have winter tires on city mileage is around 29-30 mpg so far, though we have only had ice/snow a few times so far in Newfoundland.

I have stopped using the ECON button in the city, as I find turning left across traffic sluggish/dangerous with it activated.
Also, the econ seems to make the cruise control sluggish going uphill (losing speed). In general not a fan of the ECON, but I use it when it is practical to do so.
It is said, Honda has stated the ECON mode will switch off automatically when throttle reponse needed in 2012 CRV literature, but I have not found that to be the case from experimenting with my Civic.

Thankfully, I have a manual and can drop a gear. Guess I was spoiled by my Accord V6, where I could leave it in 6th and power through any hill! LOL...

Took my EX-L sedan from St Louis to Ft Walton Beach via Gulfport...right at 40.5 mpg. Lots of highway and cruise; few hills; great weather (oh! and I had a slow leak in the left rear tire to boot). Road noise wasn't bad, but I was driving a 97 blazer for 7 years prior...so it's all relative. Comfort was actually pretty good, leg and head space...i'm 6'0"+ and 190-ish...did not have any grips. Wife is using it now; much more city driving---she's seeing 32-ish mpg. Just don't like the way the vision is obstructed on a left turn...

btw...all in "eco" mode

Very nice results. You have a nail in the tire or something?

Very nice results. You have a nail in the tire or something?
Ya know... I never asked. There was a situation with taking the tire off that I had to deal with. The dealership did not put the lock lug key in the vehicle like they were supposed to and I had to find a local dealer in the Gulfport area to get one (I've since be reimbursed). In any case, they fixed it, and I paid then left but had the key issue on my mind...more frustrated about that than how the leak started. It's been fine every since.

My wife and I average 36 mpg's on our LX Sedan with mixed driving. I'd say 60 hwy/40 city with the econ off. If its on we lose a lot of mpg's. Go figure.
If we drive more city we still average 32 mpg's which has been our lowest. We have over 10k miles on it.

2012 Civic EXL 32 - 33 mpg, 80 miles highway driving daily to work on fairly flat Kansas Highway always with Econ on. Very disappointed with gas mileage. 13,400 miles. This is the 5th daily driver Civic I've owned, probably going to be the last. Really wish I had gone with the Hyundai Elantra limited.

Back