2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

My 12 SI-C was consistent on 6.2-6.6l/100. But the last few months I have been 7.4-7.6. Who knows why. Same grade of gas. Same oil. Same dirivng. IDC anyways. 1 more year and I'm rid of it anyways. Honda=Never Again

Oh and when I run AC. Its been 7.8l/100 to as low as 8.3. That's what I brother gets in his 2013 Mustang GT 5.0. 8.2-8.8. Kind of embarrasing.

Oh and when I run AC. Its been 7.8l/100 to as low as 8.3. That's what I brother gets in his 2013 Mustang GT 5.0. 8.2-8.8. Kind of embarrasing.

The typical 2013 gt will get 20mpg and the typical Si get high 20's. Not sure what the problem is with that.

You and your brother drive different routes with different driving habits. I have gotten 6L/100km on a tank in my Si, or I can get as high as 11L/100km in that very same car. Depends on where and how you drive.

Fuelly is showing 2012 and 2103 Mustang GT's avg 11.5L/100km or 20.454mpg. gisseresseye was pretty much right on the mark. 2014 GT's are only getting 13.4L/100km or 17.55mpg.

Civic SI's were averaging 8.0L/100km or 29.4mpg for 2012's, 8.4L/100km or 28mpg for 2013's and 8.5L/100km or 27.7mpg for 2014's.

These numbers are avg.'s. They could go up or down throughout the year and could change if you change your daily routine to/from work.

hit my highest today, 32.3mpg

MUQLYQm.jpg

2012 Si, good mix of highway and city driving, couple of vtec runs, and doing 75-80mph on the highway with the AC on

love this damn car

I did a round trip with a fresh fill-up and left the station on to a 65 mph road for over a 100 mile non stop treks, and return.
The best number was 48.9 mpg.... was in econ mode, with the traction-control off. My personal best.

On a related subject, I just read/copied this from my MC forum, and thought I'd share...... Enjoy.......
http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79288-ethanol-free-gas-is-magic/

5ba5c4be316a9864f6286efc28cffbc3.jpg
that's the most I ever got. That was a decent trip but since I do a lot of local driving my average is between 20-23mpg [emoji17]

I truly wish I had seen this website before I bought my 2015 Civic EX-L ... I wouldn't have bought it. I'm getting such crappy gas mileage it's pathetic. So much for 29 city/39 hwy ... with an avg of 33. I'm getting at best 27 with a majority of my driving highway. I have a 40 mile commute to work each way. I was running about 79mph. My roommate who has a 2011 civic ex gets over 400 to the tank running the same mph as I do when on highway. I'm barely getting 300 to the tank.

Should have just bought out my 2012 Kia Forte ... at least with that I could drive 85+ highway and get 30 mpg!!!

I truly wish I had seen this website before I bought my 2015 Civic EX-L ... I wouldn't have bought it. I'm getting such crappy gas mileage it's pathetic. So much for 29 city/39 hwy ... with an avg of 33. I'm getting at best 27 with a majority of my driving highway. I have a 40 mile commute to work each way. I was running about 79mph. My roommate who has a 2011 civic ex gets over 400 to the tank running the same mph as I do when on highway. I'm barely getting 300 to the tank.

Should have just bought out my 2012 Kia Forte ... at least with that I could drive 85+ highway and get 30 mpg!!!

Where are you located? How many miles on the car? Winter weather & gas remix is a killer. Our '12 Si has averaged 32.6mpg (actual) over 26,000+ miles (30.6 Winter, 33.5 Spring- Fall), but our last tank was 27.4.
Of course it's been near zero in the Berkshires for the past month - not to mention the 50+ inches of snow.

Also need to take winter into the equation........ Even if those are Florida plates...... And new tyres tend to get exercised to see how well they work which is kind of what @squiggy is saying...........

Being a gas mileage who-r myself, there are so many times that we can drive out of our norm to test new things or approaches, it's easy to forget the basic rules....... Smoothness..........:D

Michelin PSS tyres, are made with-in their family of different compounds and patterns, which can cause better or worse gas mileage....
so what ever PSS's you bought, they usually have a break down by Michelin as to what each tyre is good and not so good at doing.

Hey everyone, I own a 2014 Ex Coupe (auto) and my gas mileage has dropped down pretty significally in the past 2 months...I used to avg about 34mpg (75% hwy and 25% city/local) and now i am barely at 25-27mpg...The car has about 11,500 and I am located in Delaware but travel to New Jersey for work...When i first purchased my vehicle i was at about 400+miles in a tank and now i am at 330 to 350...took it to Martin Honda and they stated that it was probably just the cheap gas that is used in the Winter time...I fill up with 93oct only...any suggestions?

First off, don't waste your money on 93. You won't see a benefit on the EX running premium. 2nd, winter gas additives will hurt mileage. Warming up your car, idling, snow tires....all can contribute to lower mpg. I'd check your tire pressure, and your air filter just to make sure, but you probably won't see mileage gains at least march/april.

First off, don't waste your money on 93. You won't see a benefit on the EX running premium. 2nd, winter gas additives will hurt mileage. Warming up your car, idling, snow tires....all can contribute to lower mpg. I'd check your tire pressure, and your air filter just to make sure, but you probably won't see mileage gains at least march/april.

I use 93 for multiple reasons, one its just as cheap as 87 in Delaware if i get 93 in New Jersey and during the summer it boosted my mpg alot more and my car felt better...I will check all tire pressures and also that air filter but as you said it won't change much until march/april

It could improve if your air filter looks bad or your tires are a bit low.

image.jpg

My mileage has dropped to about 26-27mpg since I installed the Michelin PSS tires.

Back