2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

I get anywhere from 13 mpg to 36 mpg. And let me tell ya, 13 mpg is a lot more fun.

I bought my 2012 LX last Saturday with 8400 miles on it. The odometer and MPG had never been reset. The 23.8 MPG had me a little worried but the previous owner put less than 3000 miles on it per year and probably never drove on the highway. It looked at the CARFAX before buying it. The dealer did only the second oil change on it in 3 years. The previous oil change was 3500 miles and 13 months earlier. The first oil change was done when the car was nearly 2 years old.

Anyway, for the first week I've owned it I'm at 30.1 MPG in mixed driving. And it's slowly still going up every day. I have the ECON button always on and use the cruise control on the highway. The 1998 Civic DX that this replaced averaged 28-29 during the winter and 35-36 in the summer. So I expect this car to do slightly better with ECON on, impressive since the 98 Civic has a 1.6L engine.

I bought my 2012 LX last Saturday with 8400 miles on it. The odometer and MPG had never been reset. The 23.8 MPG had me a little worried but the previous owner put less than 3000 miles on it per year and probably never drove on the highway. It looked at the CARFAX before buying it. The dealer did only the second oil change on it in 3 years. The previous oil change was 3500 miles and 13 months earlier. The first oil change was done when the car was nearly 2 years old.

Anyway, for the first week I've owned it I'm at 30.1 MPG in mixed driving. And it's slowly still going up every day. I have the ECON button always on and use the cruise control on the highway. The 1998 Civic DX that this replaced averaged 28-29 during the winter and 35-36 in the summer. So I expect this car to do slightly better with ECON on, impressive since the 98 Civic has a 1.6L engine.

I pretty much have your same issue with my 2014 Ex Coupe with the cvt tranny...this cold weather kills my car but it's starting to get better with the MPG...went from getting 34mpg to now 27mpg..

I pretty much have your same issue with my 2014 Ex Coupe with the cvt tranny...this cold weather kills my car but it's starting to get better with the MPG...went from getting 34mpg to now 27mpg..

Skip the higher octane fuel. Even if it is cheaper in our area it will not give you any benefits in an EX and may actually be hurting your overall mileage a little.

I got 30.7MPG on my first tank (first week after buying my 2012 Civic LX). Since filling up Saturday I'm at 35.4 with a peak of 36.7, after 70 miles. More highway miles than last week. It's amazing how much hitting lots of lights kills your mileage.

Just filled up after getting of work today, first fill up since i bought the car. My math gave me 29.3 while 29.0 flat was on the dash. Not to bad for an SI IMO but i have only hit Vtec a few times :(

I've put 1900 miles on the 2012 LX in the past 5 weeks. I'm averaging 34 MPG for 6 fill ups. After the first 2 odd fill ups it has been very consistent, 34 +- O.5 MPG.

Best mileage was driving from Ohio to Georgia, worst was driving in downtown Atlanta for a few days. Average 37.24mpg over 3700 miles. 80/20 highway/city.

Edit: 2012 ex sedan automatic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-25-20-05-34.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-25-20-05-34.png
    316.6 KB · Views: 13
You get someone that floors it from light to light and crosses a major city....... I can see where it can be done.......

My last two full tanks of gas showed 35+ mpg average(I was out riding the out of town roads of SWV).

I try to drive to where I get 29-30+ mpg

But I usually floor it from stop to go if I can

I live around a lot of straight roads

My regular mpg is about 30-31. I have given up on getting a thing better. Southern California traffic for the loss

Just a PSA. I moved up to a 245/40 and my mpg dropped by about 4mpg in town and on the highway.

Back