2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

My wife and I average 36 mpg's on our LX Sedan with mixed driving. I'd say 60 hwy/40 city with the econ off. If its on we lose a lot of mpg's. Go figure.
If we drive more city we still average 32 mpg's which has been our lowest. We have over 10k miles on it.
I've noticed better mileage with the ECON off, too! Especially on the hwy!

Si sedan
Driving like an adult: 30-33mpg
Driving like an 18-year-old: 24-27mpg

You folks getting over 35 have to be pissing everyone off behind you. I almost got 34mpg on my last tank driving SUPER slow. 36+mpg? I cannot even fathom accelerating and driving so slowly.

it's time to get your summer tires on! mpg improvement

I've got an EX Coupe and finally got the chance to test out the highway driving for a distance. Left Worcester,MA and drove to Rochester,NY on a full tank. Averaged 35.5 mpg. Added stops here and there to let the dog out to pee. On the way back, full tank of gas, averaged 38.5 mpg with almost the same amount of stops and an unexpected detour to New Baltimore (I missed the MASS PIKE exit :thumbsup:). The way back I had the AC on medium --> high the whole way to keep the puppy cool. Pretty impressed with the numbers. This was also going anywhere from 65-80 mph too. No granny driving here.

2012 ex-l sedan, we have only put 350 miles on the car so far. Average MPG is 28.4 (all stop and go city, econ mode off)

Took a 20 mile highway trip 2 days ago and the MPG guage was at 50 mpg+ the entire way (econ mode on)

2012 ex-l sedan, we have only put 350 miles on the car so far. Average MPG is 28.4 (all stop and go city, econ mode off)

Took a 20 mile highway trip 2 days ago and the MPG guage was at 50 mpg+ the entire way (econ mode on)
Have you been resetting the trip odometer when you refill your gas? I guess with 350 miles, you've probably only refilled once. Any particular reason you've left the ECON off?

IMG002-1.jpg

I can Ive been averaging 22 since I purchased always in vtec:vtec::vtec:

I'm confused.

thats when i learned about hypermiling. went from palmdale to oxnard then disneyland and back and averaged 39 mpg si sedan. filled back up drove from palmdale to south el monte averaged 35 mpg but had some fun on the way down. I still havent hit 500 to the tank yet tried to on that first trip i mentioned but had to fill up to go to s el monte and be there on time (i left late)

I tried to drive as economically as possible a couple weeks ago, but I just couldn't stick to it. Achieving 39mpg in our cars would be like sticking sharp objects into my eyeballs very slowly, then twisting. I just wouldn't be able to handle it.

Have you been resetting the trip odometer when you refill your gas? I guess with 350 miles, you've probably only refilled once. Any particular reason you've left the ECON off?
we just refilled yesterday, I havent reset anything... We traded in our gas hog 08 mazda cx-7 (turbo) so 28-30 mpg average is great! I am not a aggressive driver but I dont poke around.

we just refilled yesterday, I havent reset anything... We traded in our gas hog 08 mazda cx-7 (turbo) so 28-30 mpg average is great! I am not a aggressive driver but I dont poke around.
Reset the "A" trip odometer when you fill up. You'll get an average MPG for that tank. I leave "B" alone so that I have a MPG average for the life of the car, but one could reset that one every oil change or so to get a 5000 mile average, if one were so inclined.

had my civic for one month. i have 2000 miles on it. all my driving from day one I have averaged 42.9 miles per us gal.
This week I made a efort of watching my driving habits to see what i could do for economy. secondary roads and some city. i was surprised. So far this week I am sitting at 51.2 miles per us gal.

Have sedan auto, cant drive like a granny too long but at least I know what i could get for fuel economy .

i have an ex-sedan my drive round trip for work is 89 miles daily, getting a FULL week before filling up.......................what a great car. averaging anywhere from 39-to a whopping 44.5 mpg hwy and about 22-30 city. wind is an issue for sure. only have 3000 miles on the car, wait 'till after break-in period to get a true feel for the mpg. always in econ mode; car is sluggish and cruise adjusts accordingly. something i'll get used to real quick. had an '03crv-ex with 184,000 averaged about 22-23 mpg in winter and 24-25mpg summer. still miss my '94 civic-ex 2door 5speed at 34mpg. could kick myself for not getting the ex-l and the manual. money and the wife made final call on that score. seeing more and more civic's here on Long Island,NY.

seeing alot of post about sluggish performance in econ mode. manual said the performance adjusts for better mpg. i drive accordingly to enjoy the mpg savings. gas prices on Long Island, NY average from 3.75 and up. i think i'll live with the sluggish performance. this ain't no race car. if you really want perfoamnce get the manual or go for the si model.....you can also turn off the econ mode, but then whats the point of having the feature then?

Back