2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

the lighted bars on the dash guages for mpg and fuel capacity denote what specific values? on the average mpg guage from 0 - 35 - 70 how many bars are there? anybody?

2012 Civic Si HFP CPB have just over 1000 kms on the car and seem to be getting around 8.4 l/100 down to 10.2 l/100 so figuring that that is between 22 and 29 mpg, not driving that aggressively but playing with the i-vtec once in awhile. This is mostly city driving. Haven't really had a chance to get out on the highway with it and go anywhere yet.
But when you consider that my other vehicle is a Ford F-150 that gets 10.8 mpg i am grinnin' like a villian, just wish i could drive my civic to work, somehow don't think that my ground effects kit would make it to my Dozer :rotfl:

the lighted bars on the dash guages for mpg and fuel capacity denote what specific values? on the average mpg guage from 0 - 35 - 70 how many bars are there? anybody?
there is no set value for the dots. The computer adjusts it according to driving speed and driving factors. Some have said they were able to get like 40 some miles after the e light came on (driving 40-50mph).

don't feel too bad my american friends... in Canada the car industry lies to us even more..... I have an EX sedan with a manual and it said 52 highway, wich is about 43miles per US gallon... i get 42miles per imperial gallon.... or 600 km per 40liters... and i payed 1.68 per liter last fill up... the hiway i drive on is like a dear trail, lots of hills and corners.. in reality i get 35.3mpg using american measurements, wich in my books is pretty decent. i love my civic, the only regret i have is not getting an automatic.....

There are benefits and downfalls to the auto. Having it change gears a ton on hills is far from fun. The more gears they keep dumping into autos, the worse it gets. It seems like any slight incline/decline it wants to shift gears. At least with a manual you can decide for the conditions ahead. An auto car can't predict that.

There are benefits and downfalls to the auto. Having it change gears a ton on hills is far from fun. The more gears they keep dumping into autos, the worse it gets. It seems like any slight incline/decline it wants to shift gears. At least with a manual you can decide for the conditions ahead. An auto car can't predict that.
...yet.

true, it's potentially possible. With gps units knowing the speeds of certain road, I guess it's only a matter of time before they could do it. Look at the google self driving car.

I'm confused.
I came up with 19mpg based on how much gas i put back in
IMG145-1.jpg

IMG144.jpg

well recent hwy trip of 100 kms resulted in 4.6 l/100km . honda civic sedan 61.3 miles per gal canada

1.6km = 1m
3.79liters = 1gal

100km=62.14 miles
4.6 liters = 1.215 gallons

62.14/1.215= 51mpg / still amazing figures

says sedan auto on one of his other posts... not sure which trim though.

I travel a lot back and forth between Fort Worth and Dallas so I'm usually always speeding on the highway between 60-85 mph and I'm getting 27.4 mpg average currently

webby you should keep an avg calculated on the front page with the list of everyones rough MPG would be helpful to see avg real world values

Back