DIY 2012 Civic Si Ambient Lights (Red/Si)

i am so scared to cut the blower cover that is the only hold up on me doing the
install
You only need to remove a small portion of the blower cover. The template in the kit is helpful to get an idea of what to remove. The cover is made of rigid plastic and cuts pretty easily with a hack saw. It would be very hard to make a major error doing this. I say go for it. The lights are a nice factory touch you can add with very little effort.

The light is definitely dimmer than the driver's side if you don't cut the blower cover but it hasn't been a big enough difference to convince me to cut mine yet.

I cut mine it only took like 30 sec with a little hack saw and all the light shines through now.

so to put it in conclusion it wouldnt be as bright withtout the clear lense from the blue one. and if we wanted to be more bright or have more light around the bottom we would have to buy 2 kits which would be 180 total. hmmm is there a way we can inform collegehillshonda about this? also if we drill a hole around that plastic thing that covers the lense would it be bright like the one royce did? or do we really need to buy the blue kit? sorry for bringing up an old thread.

so to put it in conclusion it wouldnt be as bright withtout the clear lense from the blue one. and if we wanted to be more bright or have more light around the bottom we would have to buy 2 kits which would be 180 total. hmmm is there a way we can inform collegehillshonda about this? also if we drill a hole around that plastic thing that covers the lense would it be bright like the one royce did? or do we really need to buy the blue kit? sorry for bringing up an old thread.
College Hills Honda is a dealership and can't control the quality of product Honda puts out. Whether you choose to buy two kits or not is entirely up to you.
Clear lens work better than the blue ones, and the blue ones only come with the red LED kit for the Si. That said, Honda has created new Ambient light kits for 2013 that only have two LEDs instead of three, and it's possible they have corrected the lens problem...but we don't know that yet until someone who has bought them comes to the forum and shows us.
Royce drilled holes in his blue lenses, so the results will be the same for you if you do the same thing. Personally, I found that using clear lenses produced more light than drilling holes in the red ones, but that would mean you'd have to waste money buying two kits.

I also drilled holes and I am happy with the light but I'm sure the clear lenses would look better, but I was happy with the light output after drilling holes.

I also drilled holes and I am happy with the light but I'm sure the clear lenses would look better, but I was happy with the light output after drilling holes.

Drill baby drill!! lol

Yeah Honda should have included different lens in each kit to give better options. Ah well. Somebody at Honda weren't thinking about the blower cover either when they designed the thing.

so i didnt cut my blower motor cover anyone got a pic of it cut so i can tell a diff
There are photos of the cover in the first post. Is that what you meant, or...?

042a.sized.jpg
045a.sized.jpg

Back