2012 civic si clutch

Stoe

I'm just bought a new 2012 civic si has about 800 miles on it Iv play with it a little one burn out and tested the vtec a couple times if u know what I mean. Iv notice the clutch is letting out at almost the top of the peddle and when I'm coming to a stop and put it in first u can feel a little thump nothing major but noticeable wanna know if this is normal? And should the clutch be letting out close to the top with only 800 miles on it? Thanks for the help

From others comments and reviews, the clutch engages towards the top. As for the noise.. Is this happening after your fully stopped trying to put it in 1st, or you're rolling to a stop trying to get it in 1st?

As I'm rolling and is ther a way to adjust the clutch engament?

The clutch is self adjusting, so the engagement point is going to change over time.

As for trying to put it in 1st, you may be hitting the lockout? Like are you trying to put it in 1st at too high of speed and it's not letting you? It's a safety measure to avoid downshifting into 1st if the rpms would be too high. If this isn't what you're referring to, maybe post a vid?

It may be that I hold the clutch in at stop lights and stuff like that so when I'm coming to a stop I take it out of gear and put it in first when I go to put it in first it feels like a bump doesn't slow the car down but just a little bump does that make sence it goes in gear but feeling like maybe the clutch didn't disengage but there is not drops or spikes in Rpms when it happens

Do you know why it does that? I'm now also have the infamous click going on

I've never understood why some put it in 1st while rolling to stops. I know the noise cause my buddy has the same habit. Start coasting in neutral, problem solved.

Unless your thumping the gas at every light & wanna be ready incase it turns green, I see no need in it.

The clutch should not engage near the top like you are describing. Honda clutches are usually adjustable via the pushrod on the master. I don't think they are self-adjusting but I haven't gone out and looked on mine. If it was, it wouldn't be engaging near the top. My engages perfectly in the center of its throw. Usually a high engaging clutch indicated that the disk is worn out. Is this your first manual transmission by any chance?

when i test drove the si (with 77 miles on it), i felt like the clutch engaged really high. Its definitely not as easy to handle and use smoothly as the 8th gen. Would be nice to hear if the clutch engagement adjusts after a while.

Ours also engages high - much higher and deliciously smoother than our 98 Ex (144k + miles)
but, if you move the seat "way back" it's natural and greatly reduces the rev hang at lower revs.
I have my seat set to the end of its travel and have to almost stretch to have the clutch touch the floor.
Sounds weird, but try it.

Back