2012 Civic Si - Comptech Superchargers

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Contacted by Comptech regarding the 2012 Civic Si -

...snip..
We certainly plan on making a multitude of parts for the 2012+ Civic Si. We will take delivery of our project 2012 Si late this month and will roll parts out shortly after. We have already been in development on the K24 engine from the 2009+ TSX and are ready to hit the ground running when our Si is delivered. ..snip

:thumbsup: Good confirmation for those who are interested in going with comptech on their 2012 civic si.

I got a feeling that it's gonna be a long time for Flashpro.. I'm sure this kit will initially come w/ some sort of reflash like 8thgen did til Flashpro comes out.. So this may be more tempting than the Full-Race kit for me..

• Staff
I got a feeling that it's gonna be a long time for Flashpro.. I'm sure this kit will initially come w/ some sort of reflash like 8thgen did til Flashpro comes out.. So this may be more tempting than the Full-Race kit for me..
I wouldn't be holding my breath on a 9th flashpro option. It could be a while.
People will probably opt to run flashpro off a piggybacked 8th ecu.

• Staff
They had next to no competition until cobb said they were looking for beta testers. After that, hondata offered the flashpro instead of just the reflash.

I would think that the 9th ecu is somewhat similar to the 8th, just with a couple of tweaks to it. And I'm sure Hondata is just waiting on more Si's being available in order to market them. With Honda trying to pick up production soon, it would make sense for a release later this year, So far Hondata has been Hush-Hush about it. Plus getting an 8th ecu and piggybacking it would cost a lot for us as consumers to do. Guess we have to wait and see.

• Staff
they have said they will look at the 9thgen when aftermarket exhausts and intakes come out. Until then, they said they aren't working on it. I wouldn't be surprised if you see nothing for at least a year (unless it was purely a reflash).

You can find 8thgen ecu's for around $150

the 9th has that MID Display thing, while simple enough that alone makes a huge change to the ECU and such so give Hondata time.

the 8th gen was rightfully frustrated in that it tooks YEARS for it to finally come out. but the way things are with the 9th gen ( still cannot walk into any and every dealer and find one + upcoming refresh ) it's not wise for any company to jump into all that research and development for such a product.

an intake, exhaust, and downpipe is not much R&D compared to making a flashable ecu tuning option.

Just give it time.

anyone planning serious HP has the option of piggybacking the 8thgen ecu IIRC only needs an 8th gen harness and ecu + programming which tops is about $500. Then a FP which used is $500.

so a new FP is $695-$600, figure an extra $400 only for any serious build is nothing.

everyone else just wait.

But congrats CT-E looking forward to seeing what these cars can do with boost and boltons.

true, i forgot about the MID system, i remember looking through the owners manual and reading that the mid does display the CEL warnings on there...but yea im not expecting anything right now...ill be content with bolt-ons and suspension parts...

I'm not going through all the that, (8thgen harness, ecu & FP) on top of the tune.. Then possibly losing MID funtions & such, then later on a real 9th gen option comes out...

Like I said before i'm sure the CT s/c kit will come w/ a reflash, like it did for the 8th, so i'll prolly be going CT instead of FR...
(Then prolly be like most s/c owners & want more, sell everything & go turbo)

Or maybe I should be patient & let the stuff come out.... But I has no patience, lol... :excited:

I wonder if CT got the ball rolling on some stuff, since it was mentioned in the first post the end of the month (Jan. i'm guessing)

I'm not expecting anything soon but they did say "will roll parts out shortly after"....:banana whip2:

Just to let you guys know, they have indeed started :excited:

f035ae3e.jpg

0fff4fca.jpg

awesome to have an update - thank you sir!! Another step forward

Back