2012 Civic SI Injen Intakes Update -

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I was just in touch with Adrian from Injen, and he gave me permission to post this update for the company.

===
As of now, we are back at square one. We tried development and could not produce any power. As for the vehicle we used, we left a short ram intake system prototype which was making a couple HP if any, but nothing exciting. We are ordering new material to allow us to stretch the development further.

No one has ordered a system from us. We need another test vehicle to see any similarities or deference's. One thing that sets us apart from competitors is that we test everything, when we feel confident, than we produce and sell to you the consumers and enthusiasts.

FYI: If there is any other manufacturer making this intake and claiming power gains, I would test and verify. Thanks again Adrian
Injen

=====

If you live around Southern California and you can be a person to be a tester, leave a message here or shoot me a PM. I'll get you in touch with the right people.

====

update - no longer looking for a test car -

it's been installed -

View: http://youtu.be/4w3kwTh29bc

no time on production yet.

wow, I never knew that these companies actually put r&d into these products like this...this definitely sounds reassuring...go Injen!

• Staff
It took injen longer to come out with their 8th intake as well. I'm pretty positive aem had the first available intake

cool thats funny on sat or sunday i spent 2 hours searching the web looking for a intake and foung that injen was looking for a tester but back in november so i shot him a email anyway and he asked if i lived in so cal and i told him yes and that was it no response yet that was a few days ago

• Staff
"adrian @ injen.com" - <---split apart address to avoid robots spamming him.. contact that address, and say you saw they were looking for a tester on 9thcivic.

i just sent him another email letting him now that i didnt know if he recieved my last email and that im highly interested in the r&d of a intake for the civic and let him know i have a 5speed manual 1.8l civic lx sedan also :) a lil motivation maybe lol

Its just my experience with injen that I doubt they put the needed testing into SOME products. Example, injen intakes skew maf readings on a cobalt too much. When trying to address this with HP tuner readouts of a couple cars injen had no response. I felt as the "MR" technology was a lie in this specific platform. Other intakes tested did not have near the maf turbulence and skewing the injen intake had. Just my experience, I'm sure this isn't the case with every intake they produce.

in the previous civic, it seemed to be a pretty good intake. Various versions of the aem threw check engine lights initially, and they ended up making other versions.

anyone receive updates through email?

If they want to pay for my gas/lodging, **** it, I'll drive to SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back