2012 Civic Si Rev Hang - Software Update

So did you have any luck at the dealership with the rev hang porblem???? I asked about it when i had my first oil change.... all i got was a bunch'a " I don't knows' " " never heard of such'a thing " & " If this was an update ,we would have been told about it by now " crap from the counter guy...... All i know is it will be fixed at my next oil change cuz " I HATE THAT REV HANG " ...... i think it sucks'

later ....... Renegademan

There is no manufacturer rev-hang fix because it is not "a problem" in Honda's eyes. Rather, it is a design enhancement. Yeah, you heard right, a design enhancement.

So did you have any luck at the dealership with the rev hang porblem???? I asked about it when i had my first oil change.... all i got was a bunch'a " I don't knows' " " never heard of such'a thing " & " If this was an update ,we would have been told about it by now " crap from the counter guy...... All i know is it will be fixed at my next oil change cuz " I HATE THAT REV HANG " ...... i think it sucks'

later ....... Renegademan

i took it in, and they said there wasnt anything available. I gave them the info posted here, and they said my car was different from the US models.

ha ha ha ha ha. Idiots.

i took it in, and they said there wasnt anything available. I gave them the info posted here, and they said my car was different from the US models.

ha ha ha ha ha. Idiots.
The update has not been released in Canada yet.
Honda Canada needs to make sure the update will be OK on Canadian cars. I spoke to the head mechanic at my dealership (awesome guy) and he said that some of the issues Honda has are only in certain locations (environmental).
Although the rev hang problem is with all North American vehicles, I guess Honda Canada wants to make sure that the update will not cause other issues with cars that are North of the boarder. Nobody seems to know what all the issues that the update addresses are.

Apparently there are approximately 10 other people besides me who go to the same dealership as me waiting for the update....

Am I missing something? An update . . . for rev hang?

Rev hang has even found its annoying way into 2012 Si reviews. In this one, the reviewer refers to it as "RPM float," and it annoyed him enough to be critical. He said, "But no matter how and when you drive it, I find the most annoying trait of this motor is incredible rpm float. When you go to get the next gear you put the clutch in, you come off the accelerator entirely or mostly, and the needle just sits there like somebody put some masking tape on it." It's at 3:59 to 4:12 in this video.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovbWxOEu8w&feature=related

In another review, at 2:08 to 2:13 seconds into this video, another reviewer complains about the revs not falling quickly enough.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJTW7G6f9nA

C'mon American Honda, get with it and fix this thing. Don't make people pay Hondata $300 to set this right.

I have this issue with my new Si. It was built in September of this year. It's annoying driving around town, and I look like a mad man trying to drive faster since it jerks more at lower rpms. Everyone thinks I am doggin the thing. So there has been only one dislike to the update?

Haha "skip the hfp kit, you don't become a tuner by having the factory do it for you..." Very wise words lol.
Haha "skip the hfp kit, you don't become a tuner by having the factory do it for you..." Very wise words lol.

I have this issue with my new Si. It was built in September of this year. It's annoying driving around town, and I look like a mad man trying to drive faster since it jerks more at lower rpms. Everyone thinks I am doggin the thing. So there has been only one dislike to the update?
Can't tell you how sorry I am. FlashPro can't come soon enough (for both of us) and let me tell you: I will be the first one to buy it! For those not looking to tune and modify for years and years years to come, I wholeheartedly recommend the (single) Hondata reflash. It is the best overall tune you can buy for $295.00, especially if you live near sea level. Those living at altitudes over 3,000 - 4,000 ft. should do some additional research before making the purchase, imo.

After getting my pistons replaced for oil consumption, I have noticed my rev hang to be about half as bad as it used to. I'm assuming they had to hook my car up to the mcvi reader while they reassembled my engine. Must have gotten the update. Regardless it does seem a little better. But I have a full race exhaust and it is really noticeable with a loud exhaust. Can't wait for flashpro to come out, hopefully it still fixes the rev hang like the reflash does.
How do you like the full race exhaust?? Is it really that loud? Is it a really deep tone or more on the ricey side?

How do you like the full race exhaust?? Is it really that loud? Is it a really deep tone or more on the ricey side?

I love mine. It has a nice deep tone, and sounds great. Nothing like a ricey sound. The sound clips really don't do it justice, you gotta hear one in real life to get the right tone. I would recommend this over any other brand, not only for sound, but for quality as well.

I love mine. It has a nice deep tone, and sounds great. Nothing like a ricey sound. The sound clips really don't do it justice, you gotta hear one in real life to get the right tone. I would recommend this over any other brand, not only for sound, but for quality as well.
Cool cool good to know!

I just brought mine to the dealer today to update ecm, but instead of using the "X0A050" as mentioned by the OP, the paper work says "125517 ecm/pcm - reprogram". The Rev hang is still there. Has anyone heard of 125517?

I just brought mine to the dealer today to update ecm, but instead of using the "X0A050" as mentioned by the OP, the paper work says "125517 ecm/pcm - reprogram". The Rev hang is still there. Has anyone heard of 125517?
Sorry, have not heard of it. As far as I know, the "reflash" calibration included with FlashPro version 1.4.1 is the only thing that will eliminate the revhang, although most people still want a more customized tune even after buying FP.... meaning an even bigger investment. Sure would be nice of Honda, though, to take care of its customers. I was one of a few that found revhang very irritating.

FlashPro's "stock reflash" does eliminate rev hang, yes. Definitely yes. Can't say I notice any other difference, however, even over triple digits. Those special tweaks I will leave to the good people at ETuneZ.

I am in disbelief that, 6 years later, this is still an issue. I remember the flood of posts when I owned a 2006 Si about this very issue.

If my car does this, I barely notice (I purchased it in March 2012) and it doesn't seem to impact my driving. Hm....

Back