2012 Civic Si Rev Hang - Software Update

My buddy is the VP of the Honda dealership where I bought my car. I mentioned to him about the Rev hand and he said that he would talk to his technicians. I just got a text from him about it and he said.

"we can reflash your comp for the idle issue"

Don't know if that means honda has an official fix to it, but this confirms that my dealership can fix the issue.

It's probably the latest update (xa05 or something) that is supposed to make it better. Some people has noticed its a little better with that but its definitely still there.

I am in disbelief that, 6 years later, this is still an issue. I remember the flood of posts when I owned a 2006 Si about this very issue.

If my car does this, I barely notice (I purchased it in March 2012) and it doesn't seem to impact my driving. Hm....
Also, its not an "issue" persay, but a "feature" Honda does on purpose for emissions, that's why there's never been any kind of "resolution" outside of custom tuning.

^ what he's said. They'll install the latest software to the ECU. Some say it helped some, while others said they felt no difference.

As for the intake, your car will run rich. It would benefit more from the flashpro, but you should feel gains with the reflash. It lowers vtec engagement, helps with rev hang etc. One thing to think of is,... if you went flashpro, you can always sell it to another user when you get rid of the car. The reflash is one time purchase and cannot be sold/transfered to another owner.

So I took my Car to the dealership.. Im having this problem.. The manager in the service area took the Car for a ride and said "there is nothing wrong with the Car it drives just like every other Si" -___- what should I do?

look at the build date on the sticker - on your driver door jam... see what month it was built. You may be able to do an ecu update, but most will say it didn't improve things. You'd have to get flashpro from hondata (with a tune) to make a difference.

my understanding is a build date around July-Aug it switched

When I complained about it while dropping my car off for the piston replacement, the service guy said, "Honda built that into the car on purpose for better performance. It helps pull you into the next gear."

Then another one overhearing our conversation said, "I have an Si myself, and you just have to get used to shifting a little differently. You have to let off the gas a second earlier than you normally would, and then push in the clutch."

I really would have liked to have been able to legally punch them both in the mouth.

J1vjHDb.gif

When I complained about it while dropping my car off for the piston replacement, the service guy said, "Honda built that into the car on purpose for better performance. It helps pull you into the next gear."

Then another one overhearing our conversation said, "I have an Si myself, and you just have to get used to shifting a little differently. You have to let off the gas a second earlier than you normally would, and then push in the clutch."

I really would have liked to have been able to legally punch them both in the mouth.

I took a tech for a ride the other day to try and show him my noisy dash. Of course the dash wouldn't make the noise but I did get a chance to mention the rev hang. He said exactly the same thing. Normal for Si's. It helps people shift he said. I mentioned the possible update and he told me he never heard about it. Very helpful.

Isn't it funny how almost every other manual transmission on the planet, including REAL performance cars, somehow manages to get by without this "performance feature?"

I've never intended to go with any engine bolt ons, but even so, I keep thinking about buying Flashpro anyways and leaving everything stock....just to get rid of rev hang. It sucks but it bothers me enough that I think it would be worth it.

rev hang is normal on our si!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to get rid of it you will need flash pro.

Lol. Yes I think we've accepted that its normal on our Si's. I'm just thinking that if enough people complain, they might.....I said might do something about it. Doubtful but you never know.

Lol. Yes I think we've accepted that its normal on our Si's. I'm just thinking that if enough people complain, they might.....I said might do something about it. Doubtful but you never know.
Yeah. The update will roll out for the 2014 models and we will get nothing lol :D

That was a terr
Am I missing something? An update . . . for rev hang?

Rev hang has even found its annoying way into 2012 Si reviews. In this one, the reviewer refers to it as "RPM float," and it annoyed him enough to be critical. He said, "But no matter how and when you drive it, I find the most annoying trait of this motor is incredible rpm float. When you go to get the next gear you put the clutch in, you come off the accelerator entirely or mostly, and the needle just sits there like somebody put some masking tape on it." It's at 3:59 to 4:12 in this video.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovbWxOEu8w&feature=related

In another review, at 2:08 to 2:13 seconds into this video, another reviewer complains about the revs not falling quickly enough.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJTW7G6f9nA

C'mon American Honda, get with it and fix this thing. Don't make people pay Hondata $300 to set this right.

That was a terrible review. My honda goes 0 to 60 stock in more like 6.3 seconds. And that's a big deal compared to 6.9. Maybe the guy who did the car review should learn how to shift?

Back