2012 Honda Civic - Add new sources to IMID screen, Add steering wheel controls, and speed volume

Drewbert

Hey guys, so I just installed a new Dasaita Android 7.1 Car Stereo for Honda Civic head unit and I lost some of the functionality that the stock stereo had mainly the speed sensitive volume controls. I'm still able to use skip, source, volume up/down on the steering wheel controls.

So I was wondering if there was any way to add a bluetooth setting to the civic's audio sources (so it shows up on the IMID screen and able to access it through the steering wheel's source button).

I already chatted with the Dasaita but they aren't much of a help. I thought I would ask you guys if you had any insights.

Unfortunately there is no way. The factory bluetooth is a separate module from the radio and when you install an aftermarket stereo, you lose having bluetooth as a source through the i-Mid. The i-Mid will still function for all the basic car features but you will no longer have audio information going to it.

Last edited:
Since you have an android auto capable unit, the best thing is to disable the stock bluetooth module by unplugging the connector and tap the #15 terminal cable to the head unit for Handsfree button controls on the steering wheel. Since your android phone is always plug in to your android car play head unit, every time you receive a call you could use your steering wheel HFT buttons to accept/end calls and activate voice commands as well

Since you have an android auto capable unit, the best thing is to disable the stock bluetooth module by unplugging the connector and tap the #15 terminal cable to the head unit for Handsfree button controls on the steering wheel. Since your android phone is always plug in to your android car play head unit, every time you receive a call you could use your steering wheel HFT buttons to accept/end calls and activate voice commands as well
Hello,

I’m also in the same boat. Can you please elaborate this?

Is there a way to tap into mic too?

Back