DIY 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid mirrors on a non Hybrid Civic (4dr only)

you posted these diagrams, ...and they tend to look like it would not work

That was about just changing the caps. I would like that someone checks that buying the light unit, the cap, the housing set and maybe the mirror sub-assy would work. This task is easier to do for someone with access to all the parts like people in the parts department of a dealer.

Last edited:
Honda's techinfo website has a turn signal element installation/replacement document that illustrates how to to take apart the mirrors. It'll be interesting to see if an upgrade is possible. The parts for a theoretical upgrade come to about $230-$250. That is a little more palatable than the $500+ it costs for a set of replacement turn signal mirrors.

Last edited:
Sry Chris, I've been working on the other mod/diy and school and work isnt making it any easier.... I'll get it done before April for sure.

I installed the mirrors today. Signals are working but when I tried to adjust the mirrors they stopped working. AC also stopped working. Any idea on which fuse was blown?

Check them all , for the mirrors and the a/c. you may have some wires crossed...Go back and check your work make sure u dont have a short..

Back