2012 Honda Civic New Features Added

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2012 Honda Civic New Features Added
New Civic Features
HF Trim
This trim level will be equipped to achieve higher fuel economy, including lighter weight wheels, low rolling-resistance tires and aerodynamic enhancements. Other features are identical to the LX trim.

Electric Power Steering (EPS) on Every Model
EPS was previously on Si models only. For 2012, ALL Civic models are equipped with EPS.

Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) on Every Model
Vehicle stability assist with built-in yaw sensor is on every 2012 Civic model.

One-motion Interior Door Handle
Both front interior door handles will unlock and open the door with one pull of the handle. The 2012 Civic is the first Honda model with this feature. This convenience requires that front seat passengers never pull a front door handle while the vehicle is in motion.

New Civic Technologies
i-MID (all but DX)
The intelligent Multi-Information, Display will page through odometer/trip, clock, audio, and trip computer information as well as warning messages. The Si includes a power output meter. The Hybrid includes displays for energy flow and Eco guide. Door locking, trip computer and lighting can be customized, including importing of wallpaper images for the i-MID.
New Hybrid Battery Pack
The 2012 Civic Hybrid has a new lithium-ion battery pack. It will not fully charge until the vehicle is driven.

ECON Mode (all but Si)
The ECON mode helps maximize fuel efficiency by adjusting the performance of the engine, transmission, heating and cooling system, and cruise control. This mode is activated with the green ECON button. An indicator will appear on the instrument panel while it is activated.
NOTE: When using the cruise control in ECON mode, it may take longer to accelerate to maintain set speed.

Driver Distraction
The navigation system includes new restrictions on manual operations while the vehicle is in motion. While driving, some options are shaded on the menus and must be accessed using voice commands.

Navi Turn-by-Turn Display
The navigation system’s turn-by-turn information displays on the i-MID as well as the main navigation screen. The 2012 Civic is the first Honda model with this feature.

New Navi System
The 2012 Civic navigation system uses a flash memory drive instead of a DVD or HDD. If a navi control unit must be replaced, the SD module must be transferred to the new control unit. System updates will be available for purchase on a flash drive, which is plugged into a USB update port behind the glovebox and uploaded to the Navi system.

FM Traffic
Navigation-equipped Civic models are capable of receiving FM Traffic data. With the information Broadcast on certain FM radio band in available areas, this free service requires no subscription.

Audio Anti-Theft
The anti-theft code is automatically checked between the ECM/PCM and the audio unit; there is no longer a need for anti-theft code cards. However two anti-theft code labels are included. After you unlock the audio unit, attach one of the anti-theft code labels to the PDI repair order. The second label should be given to the customer for safe keeping, rather than left in the vehicle.
NOTE: If the audio unit loses power, turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Press the audio power button once. Press and hold the audio power button again until you hear a beep and see the audio frequency on screen. The VIN anti-theft process is then complete.

Radio Preset Memory
If the battery is disconnected, the radio will remember the customer’s station presets.

Battery 12-volt Energy Management
Battery current amount is monitored by a battery sensor. The PCM varies the ACG voltage between 12.5 to 14.5V based on data received from the battery sensor. This ensures optimal battery state-of-charge.

Cruise Control System
Cruise control will not cancel until the clutch pedal (MT transmission-equipped vehicles) has been depressed for 5 seconds or more.

• Staff
Here is an i-mid video, but the quality is lacking. The screen itself looks much better than what this video shows.

i will see what i can do... every customer that comes into HQ Honda is all over the showroom cars. :p
don't want to get myself in the way of a possible sale. but i shall try my best for you guys!!

I'd go stop my dealership since I saw one parked out front, but I don't feel like dealing with the 'pitch'.. so I'll wait until my next oil change to see it in person.

yeah i definitely feel ya there! thank GOD i'm on the other side of that situation. i haaaaaaaate that aspect of car dealers. :sleep:

right now we have a promotion that basically states if you come in and test drive a new Honda, you get a $20 gas card no strings attached. needless to say, it's busy here but mostly just ppl trying to get the 20 bucks and GTFO :pat:

have i ever said how thankful i am to be a dealer trade guy and NOT a sales guy??! yeah... that! *whew!*

bad news (well, good news for HQ Honda), we ALREADY sold our first '12 Civic. and it was the EX-L NAVI sedan. i didn't even get to see it. t'was delivered late Friday afternoon and i guess PDI'd on Saturday... :(

i was unable to get a video clip of the NAVI unit and the i-MID as a result. it was sold on Saturday as an Easter gift by a customer for their family i was told. we just have 2 left now. LX and EX featured in the spy pix.

the only variance is the Power Monitor w/ VTEC indicator light and 6-LED Sequential Shift Meter and lack of Econ button w/ coaching lights on the upper part of the 2-tier dash. otherwise, they are all the same provided the vehicle has both bluetooth and USB... regarding the options of sources in the particular trim level.

LX and up has the i-MID w/ USB abilities, personal wallpaper, and standard speakers
EX and up has the i-MID w/ the additional Bluetooth feature and music streaming capabilities and upgraded speakers.
Si has all of the above AND the extra bonuses listed above and premium sound w/ a subwoofer.

Back