2012 honda civic trunk issue

Andrew Antepara

I was just driving home and it randomly said my trunk is open. i pull over to check if it was open and the trunk was closed. i even opened the trunk up and slammed it shut but for some odd reason the i-mid keeps notifying me that it remains open when it actually isnt. Does anyone know anything about this? solution?

I don't get it. What's that mean @jasonandre?
It is a euphemism that describes a female who has a nice or unusually large ***.
"Junk in the trunk"
Unless of course, you were just adding to my sarcasm.

I'm no use here for this particular issue, just wanted to make a joke. My guess though is that a sensor is somehow faulting. Not knowing what he's installed on his car, if any additional wiring is interfering with that signal, that could be the issue.

One way to check if it's trunk fitment or sensor, is to drop the rear seatbacks and crawl into the trunk to see if pushing up& pulling down on the locked trunk will change the warning(also the trunk light).

Latch could be bad. One other user had theirs replaced that I recall.

I was just driving home and it randomly said my trunk is open. i pull over to check if it was open and the trunk was closed. i even opened the trunk up and slammed it shut but for some odd reason the i-mid keeps notifying me that it remains open when it actually isnt. Does anyone know anything about this? solution?
It's probably related to your LED strip not working........:sadbanana:
Can I just ask @Andrew Antepara if you've added or modified anything on the trunk of your car? That could be the cause of your three issues. (trunk open and LED strip not working and fuse blown)
Either that or, the fuse blowing is a clue to why the LED strip is not working and why you're having open trunk problem. I think they're all related in some way.

the adapter for the led strip in my trunk was fried and thats what caused all these issues. I replaced the fuse in the fuse box and now the lights illuminate inside the car but now i have to contact the company that i bought the lights from and tell them what happened. The wire for the adapter was completely fried and melted completely.

the adapter for the led strip in my trunk was fried and thats what caused all these issues. I replaced the fuse in the fuse box and now the lights illuminate inside the car but now i have to contact the company that i bought the lights from and tell them what happened. The wire for the adapter was completely fried and melted completely.
I'm so smart! :brock::dancing1::dogdance::domokundance:

Back