2012 Si Sedan Build

Bikit

Fort Worth, Texas
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hi guys! I've lurked around here for a while, but never bothered to post. I have a 2012 Si that I have been working on for awhile, and I thought I would post some pictures of it. I actually bought it from the Honda dealership I work at with many of the mods that came on it, it came from an auction in Virginia all the way to Texas. Would be kinda cool if someone else on this site owned it at one point!
Mods

Mechanical and Suspension
RBC Intake manifold
P2R spacer
Takeda Momentum Intake
Ultimate Racing Catback Exhaust
Skunk2 downpipe, cat delete
Flashpro Tune

Eibach Pro Springs
Camber arms, forgot what brand
Eibach sway bars

Exterior:
LED Taillights
LED projector reverse bulbs
Hella Yellow fog light bulbs
Window visors
Red Honda emblems

Interior - Stock except a Skunk2 Shiftknob and a leather handbrake cover :vtec:

IMG_5672.JPG
IMG_5725.JPG
IMG_5812.JPG
IMG_5393.JPG

I have some more things planned, but for now I just thought I would say hi!

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice & welcome to the site. How many of the mods listed were on the car when you bought it? All of them?

Most of the mods came with it. I ended up buying my own flashpro as it was tuned but I couldn't change anything without one, although the tune that is on it right now seems to be ok, so I have not done much with that. I hope to tune through Vit soon though. I also purchased the taillights, bulbs, JDM logos, shift knob, and did the Skunk2 downpipe myself. Many of the big things like the RBC manifold came on it. Whoever owned the car before me definitely seems to have done everything well.
Only issue I'm having now is strange, there is a weird noise that happens when I'm taking off from a stop in first gear, as I'm letting off the clutch. Not sure what it is, even the Honda techs I work with say that they haven't heard that noise before.

Tried to get a couple of better pictures, sucks that my only source of a camera is an iPhone 5S. Next mod is a pair of UAE headlights once I pay for the next semester of school! IMG_5899.JPG IMG_5897.JPG IMG_5900.JPG

the noise youre hearing is the clutch. mine did the same exact thing and i took it to honda to have it checked out. replaced whole clutch and flywheel assembly under warranty. nice car though!!!

car is looking great OP! and welcome!

my car is making the same noise with the clutch. But I'm past that 3 year, 36k mark. I wonder if they'll still cover it.

Thanks just realized this after some research last night. Seems like some had luck others had a hard time and a few were basically told to F off. Mine doesn't happen often so it'll probably be hard to get it fixed

Had another tech look at it, and they are convinced it is the throwout bearing. Getting it replaced under warranty, but I'm debating if I should go with an aftermarket stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel or not. Is it that big of a difference?

Had another tech look at it, and they are convinced it is the throwout bearing. Getting it replaced under warranty, but I'm debating if I should go with an aftermarket stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel or not. Is it that big of a difference?
You'll need flashpro if you do a lightweight flywheel. If you don't have it, it will throw the car into limp mode.

I have a Flashpro, I think I read about that. You have to turn off misfire detection, correct?

Yeah Doug at hondata said you would get misfire codes.

No aftermarket flywheel for me, decided it was too much trouble, not to mention a lot more expensive then just doing a stock clutch which already feels good.

Just recently took a trip to our local drag strip with my friend and his supercharged 8th gen Si. Had a lot of fun, even if my time wasn't so good. Best was a 10.086 1/8th mile. Still has a lot of fun, i'll have to do it again! Heres some super low quality picturesIMG_5970.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5975.PNG
    IMG_5975.PNG
    630.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5976.PNG
    IMG_5976.PNG
    659.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5977.PNG
    IMG_5977.PNG
    789.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5978.PNG
    IMG_5978.PNG
    769.8 KB · Views: 6
No aftermarket flywheel for me, decided it was too much trouble, not to mention a lot more expensive then just doing a stock clutch which already feels good.

Just recently took a trip to our local drag strip with my friend and his supercharged 8th gen Si. Had a lot of fun, even if my time wasn't so good. Best was a 10.086 1/8th mile. Still has a lot of fun, i'll have to do it again! Heres some super low quality picturesView attachment 50337
You know how the supercharged 8th did?

He was having issues with his tune, it was corrupted when he uploaded it, and whenever he used his two step, the car would stall. Even with all those issues, he ran a 9.04. That car is awesome though, I've personally seen him run all over 5.0 mustangs with it

Back