Sedan
hu1.jpg

hu2.jpg

hu3.jpg

hu4.jpg

hu5.jpg

hu6.jpg

hu7.jpg

Just took some pictures to guide removal of the 2013 one piece head unit.

There are 6 screws total. The first two can be found when you open the center compartment. Remove these and pull out the compartment that is being held by clips.

2nd set can be found right behind the compartment that you just pulled out. Unscrew them.

3rd set can be a little difficult to reach as it is inside the compartment that was just removed and located right underneath the HU. These are 8mm scew/bolts and much easier to remove using the 8mm. After you get these off, the HU is held by clips as well and just pulls out.

Other pictures shows how I ran the power line from under hood to under dash side panel right above the left foot rest instead of what I've seen others have been running from under hood to side mirror/door.

Last edited by a moderator:
moved to the DIY area - thanks for taking the time to snap pics :thumb:

moved to the DIY area - thanks for taking the time to snap pics :thumb:

Is there enough room in the back of the unit to push it into the dash (about 2") and do an iPad mini dash mount kit in the front of it? Basically what I want to do is keep the factor head unit, amp it through the factory speaker wires and use an iPad mini through the usb input (for spotify / pandora and gps and obvious iPad features over radio units) Keeps all the features basically the same (blue tooth/ steering controls ) but getting rid of the ugly head unit and hide it behind the iPad. Make sense ?

Is there enough room in the back of the unit to push it into the dash (about 2") and do an iPad mini dash mount kit in the front of it? Basically what I want to do is keep the factor head unit, amp it through the factory speaker wires and use an iPad mini through the usb input (for spotify / pandora and gps and obvious iPad features over radio units) Keeps all the features basically the same (blue tooth/ steering controls ) but getting rid of the ugly head unit and hide it behind the iPad. Make sense ?
I've seen two users so far who've done a mini iPad in front of their oem radio. They had to push the stock unit back, but I have no clue how many inches. It worked for them fine though.

I've seen two users so far who've done a mini iPad in front of their oem radio. They had to push the stock unit back, but I have no clue how many inches. It worked for them fine though.

Ok sweet I am going to try that. Thank you for the reply !

Back