2013 Civic "Premium Audio System" Navigation Stereo Upgrade

you didn't need a LOC for that install. I would check your connections from the head unit to the LOC and if you have a level adjuster on the LOC i would check that too. Then if there are independent level controls on the amp for each channel that would be worth checking too. If all those are good it's probably the connection from the amp to your speakers. How did you connect everything to the speakers?

kicker cx 300.4 amp

used the stock headunit to LOC

2013 honda civic si premium sound
You don't need an LOC with the premium head unit because the outputs are already pre-amp low-level outputs. However, they are differential balanced outputs so you need an amp that accepts differential balanced signals. Or, you need a few of these for all the channels.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22635_Rockford-Fosgate-RF-BLD.html

It is much easier to use a 5-channel amp that accepts differential balanced signals.

i realise that you no longer have the car, and totally agree about the service. I do have a question for you about your sub you had installed , do you recall if it was a 10w3v3 2 ohm or 4 ohm ?

i realise that you no longer have the car, and totally agree about the service. I do have a question for you about your sub you had installed , do you recall if it was a 10w3v3 2 ohm or 4 ohm ?
I do not know. I did not know there was a 2 or 4 ohm option. The invoice from the shop only says JL Audio 10w3v3. No other description was listed. So I don't know if they sold me a 2 ohm or 4 ohm sub. I could have been a 2 ohm sub to run at 300w off the sub channel.

Yes, it works perfectly because I used a JL Audio amp, which accepts differential balanced outputs from a factory stereo without any conversion necessary. Infinity is the only other amp maker that has amps that can accept the differential balanced output without conversion. You likely had a problem because your aftermarket amp could not accept a differential balanced input. When using a compatible aftermarket amp, it can accept the pre-amp level outputs from the Premium head unit. The shop that did the installation removed the OEM amp and speakers and converted the wiring to RCA plugs for the JL Audio amp. You are correct in saying the factory amp screws up the equalization, which is true. Remove the factory amp and use a compatible aftermarket amp and you are good to go, with full range pre-amp signals from the Premium head unit.
It is going to need a high low converter and the amp even if it doesn't accept balanced input Memphis makes one and it is what I'm planning on using.

It is going to need a high low converter and the amp even if it doesn't accept balanced input Memphis makes one and it is what I'm planning on using.
You DON'T need a LOC if the amp accepts a differentially balanced signal. You can just splice RCAs in and plug them into the amp. Fairly easy considering a LOC does the same thing. Just adds an unnecessary component into the system

You DON'T need a LOC if the amp accepts a differentially balanced signal. You can just splice RCAs in and plug them into the amp. Fairly easy considering a LOC does the same thing. Just adds an unnecessary component into the system
The db drive a-3 1750 does not accept different signal
You DON'T need a LOC if the amp accepts a differentially balanced signal. You can just splice RCAs in and plug them into the amp. Fairly easy considering a LOC does the same thing. Just adds an unnecessary component into the system. My db drive A-3 1750 doesn't accept the difference signal so I will have to add the converter plus it sends 950htz dig which I think will be good cause I'm only going to get 250watts per sub and they have a 300 watt a piece max?

Has anybody figured out a place to purchase the 18pin/24pin connectors for the factory amp? I don't want to splice into my pre-amp harness and would rather build myself a breakout harness for the subwoofer.

2n6dp1k.jpg

Contact this guy on eBay, acurahondaexpert, and he can probably get you the 24-pin male harness connector to plug into the harness off the stereo that would plug into the factory amp. He would also be able to get the harness pins and attach wiring to them to make your own breakout connector. I guess you could ask him to do the same for the 18-pin output connector if you wanted to use the factory wiring to the speakers. He won't do it for free, but it would be worth it if you wanted plug and play.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/acurahondaexpert?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

There was a guy on 9th Gen Civic. com fourms that was making bypass
harness... You could dig up the thread and see if he's still selling them..

There was a guy on 9th Gen Civic. com fourms that was making bypass
harness... You could dig up the thread and see if he's still selling them..

I've contacted him, and he isn't interested.

I'll try the person Hillstones mentioned on eBay. But, I wonder where he gets his stuff...

Well, so far I haven't heard anything back from the eBay user, but I will definitely keep searching around if I don't hear from him.

Has anybody figured out a place to purchase the 18pin/24pin connectors for the factory amp? I don't want to splice into my pre-amp harness and would rather build myself a breakout harness for the subwoofer.
2n6dp1k.jpg

I'm also interested in these connectors, since I don't want to cut/splice the wires ether. All I need is the connectors, I have the small pins. I found them at Allied Electronics, If anyone else is interested the part number is 16-02-0117. I have not found the larger ones for the 18 pin connector,yet, help would be appreciated. I am in contact with a gentleman from kram.dk for the connectors, he in the UK somewhere, if he comes up with anything I will let you know. If we can find the body it is fairly simple to crimp/solder the wires in to make your owe wiring harness. The other avenue I was looking into was 3D printing them.

2n6dp1k.jpg

I'm also interested in these connectors, since I don't want to cut/splice the wires ether. All I need is the connectors, I have the small pins. I found them at Allied Electronics, If anyone else is interested the part number is 16-02-0117. I have not found the larger ones for the 18 pin connector,yet, help would be appreciated. I am in contact with a gentleman from kram.dk for the connectors, he in the UK somewhere, if he comes up with anything I will let you know. If we can find the body it is fairly simple to crimp/solder the wires in to make your owe wiring harness. The other avenue I was looking into was 3D printing them.

I was thinking about finding a totalled Civic, tearing the amp and harness connectors from the head unit and recasting the connectors with plastic resin, but I think with the small holes it wouldn't turn out that great.

I haven't had any replies from any sources that I have tried. All the online Honda parts warehouses can't just get the connectors. Also, I've contacted all the big aftermarket stereo stores and they can't source the plugs either.

Back