2013 Civic "Premium Audio System" Navigation Stereo Upgrade

I don't think so it is made to be mounted on a circuit board. It like only half the connector

I really don't want to have to use vamptaps on my harness...

Honda has to be getting them from somewhere, I doubt they were specifically manufactured for them.

I agree, but for now, I'm going to just shrink wrap the loose pins and plug them into the connector and tape it up....

Does anyone have any pictures of were the factory amp is located in a 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan?

About What did you spend total for your entire system?
The total was $2,010. That was for the amp, component speakers, coaxial speakers, subwoofer, custom subwoofer box, amp wiring, dynamat in the entire trunk, rear deck, around the door speakers, and installation for all of it. It sounded awesome, especially with retaining the factory head unit and ditching the lousy Honda/Pioneer amp. Too bad the Civic was a POS and I traded the car in a year later.

When going pre amp, specifically with a balanced line driver (rf-bld), does anything need to be done with the shield wire?

I just looked at the price of the jl amps that accept them, too much... How about getting this signal to the alpine I already have. Mrv-m500

Depends if it accepts differential balanced inputs or if it's a regular JX amplifier
So how do I go from 3 wires to 2? I don't understand how there is the balanced differential signal with +/-/shield and I get that to the two wire rca. Sorry if this is a noob question but I have never used a factory hu. Last car was an 03 civic.

So how do I go from 3 wires to 2? I don't understand how there is the balanced differential signal with +/-/shield and I get that to the two wire rca. Sorry if this is a noob question but I have never used a factory hu. Last car was an 03 civic.
There are only 2 wires for each RCA. The shield is your negative and the insulated wire is your positive.

Also, the alpine mrp does not accept differentially balanced inputs so you cant use it preamp.

There are 2 options for high quality sound from the premium audio civics. The first is to bypass the stock amp completely with a new amp that accepts differential balanced inputs and the second way is to connect a cleansweep or similar product that cleans up the stock amp signal. Both ways will cost roughly the same but you'll have more hardware the second way and its more difficult to do yourself.

You could also replace to the stock head unit but you will loose steering wheel controls and iMid function at the very least.

I know getting a proper amp is really expensive, but it's worth every penny of it. I have the XD1000/5 amplifier which gives me a little more power to the sub channel and everything is crystal clear. So clear that I could have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat with the volume at 30 and we didn't have to shout to hear each other

There are only 2 wires for each RCA. The shield is your negative and the insulated wire is your positive.

Also, the alpine mrp does not accept differentially balanced inputs so you cant use it preamp.

There are 2 options for high quality sound from the premium audio civics. The first is to bypass the stock amp completely with a new amp that accepts differential balanced inputs and the second way is to connect a cleansweep or similar product that cleans up the stock amp signal. Both ways will cost roughly the same but you'll have more hardware the second way and its more difficult to do yourself.

You could also replace to the stock head unit but you will loose steering wheel controls and iMid function at the very least.

I know getting a proper amp is really expensive, but it's worth every penny of it. I have the XD1000/5 amplifier which gives me a little more power to the sub channel and everything is crystal clear. So clear that I could have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat with the volume at 30 and we didn't have to shout to hear each other
Thank you very much for the help, I ordered the infinity amp and it says it accepts the signal. I found someone to buy my alpine amp so the price wasn't too bad. The reason I said 3 wires is cause when I look at the pin out from the civic it shows sub in + then sub in - then sub in shield. A5 A16 and A4. I don't understand the A4 also I ordered this from hillstones suggestion. Thank you again you are very helpful

1d7cc8ffe03153a18df8cdecf44543e6.jpg

Here is what I got

I figured I'd come back and let everyone know of my experiences with this as most people seem to be confused as I was myself. I used the Rockford Fosgate balanced line driver and spliced that into the pre amp signal, above the brake pedal, the harness coming from the headunit, I too thought it was confusing with the shielding and such but after messing around under there for awhile I've finally got everything how I think it should be installed. I can't remember the coding exactly for the wires I used but as you can see in the picture I tapped into the light pink and light blue wires, for the pre amp signal. Set the gain appropriately and got my zx750 hooked up to my sa 12 and the only thing I can say is wow! It's very clear and crisp and loud. It hits the lows hard and strong like I was hoping for, instead of dealing with the shitty stock amp crossovers with an loc which might not give you the desired outcome. Hope I could help!20151203_154650.jpg

Attachments

• 20151203_154650.jpg
    20151203_154650.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 34
Back