2013 Civic "Premium Audio System" Navigation Stereo Upgrade

I figured I'd come back and let everyone know of my experiences with this as most people seem to be confused as I was myself. I used the Rockford Fosgate balanced line driver and spliced that into the pre amp signal, above the brake pedal, the harness coming from the headunit, I too thought it was confusing with the shielding and such but after messing around under there for awhile I've finally got everything how I think it should be installed. I can't remember the coding exactly for the wires I used but as you can see in the picture I tapped into the light pink and light blue wires, for the pre amp signal. Set the gain appropriately and got my zx750 hooked up to my sa 12 and the only thing I can say is wow! It's very clear and crisp and loud. It hits the lows hard and strong like I was hoping for, instead of dealing with the shitty stock amp crossovers with an loc which might not give you the desired outcome. Hope I could help!View attachment 51468
So you don't even bother with the shield wire from the harness? Thanks for the feedback. I thought the bld would work but I already ordered the new amp, so I'll just use it.

I believe that's correct, I did it back in November so I'm a little fuzzy but those two wires are all you need for a clean signal. Weather one is the shielding and a negative combined and the other is posative I'm not sure but my signal is super clear I get no distortion and clean crisp bass.

Think of the signal wire from the HU, just like the signal going to the speaker, it is a polarity sensitive signal so you need a + (positive) and - (negative) wire, the third wire is called the "shield", the purpose of the shield is to keep "noise" out of the source signal, only one end of a shield wire needs to be grounded. When the shield is grounded the idea is the noise is taken to ground and kept out of the source signal. The other end can just be cut and taped flush with the end of the outer insulation. Hope that helped.

So im in a pickle, my wires backed out of the harness and i don't know how to re pin it. Subwoofer channel is now dead, is there a work around? I'm in a 14 and that tiny wire is un spliceable without damaging it. There were about 6 strands inside and the pink one split from using a quick splice. The blue pulled out of its insulation and replacing it requires replacement of the entire dash harness.
Dude! I really hope you could answer this question! But what are those green and grey wire that you did not mention?

I know this is an old thread, sorry.

Dude! I really hope you could answer this question! But what are those green and grey wire that you did not mention?

I know this is an old thread, sorry.
I got my amp in and I had no green or grey wire to deal with..... I can take pics with how I did the set up... I have very little experience and had no problems after all the help here.... Please elaborate

I figured I'd come back and let everyone know of my experiences with this as most people seem to be confused as I was myself. I used the Rockford Fosgate balanced line driver and spliced that into the pre amp signal, above the brake pedal, the harness coming from the headunit, I too thought it was confusing with the shielding and such but after messing around under there for awhile I've finally got everything how I think it should be installed. I can't remember the coding exactly for the wires I used but as you can see in the picture I tapped into the light pink and light blue wires, for the pre amp signal. Set the gain appropriately and got my zx750 hooked up to my sa 12 and the only thing I can say is wow! It's very clear and crisp and loud. It hits the lows hard and strong like I was hoping for, instead of dealing with the shitty stock amp crossovers with an loc which might not give you the desired outcome. Hope I could help!View attachment 51468
Man what is the trick to taping into those thin wires. Did you just solder them, cut and splice or use some kind of connectors? I'm trying to hook up a Jbl ms8 processor and would like a good signal to start with.

So we will be replacing front and rear speakers in an 8th (for my cousin) and I was wondering if any of you had one and knew what would be needed (brackets and all). Was gonna call crutchfield but wanted to save some money (Amazon). Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The brackets were awful too, I had to cut some of them with a jigsaw to get them to fit. Everything worked in the end though. Although we had to buy shallow mount rear speakers
he was asking for the ebay link where you purchased stuff

Back