2013 Civic Sedan LX TPMS issue

conceptsltd

I recently had a new set of tires installed as well as a broken(visually cracked in half) TPMS sensor on my Civic. The 'i' light and the tire light are still on(just on, not blinking). I've researched around and they say to go into 'customize' and scroll up for 'tpms calibration' option. From what I've see in my menu, this does not exist on my car. What are my options at this point?

The 2013's still have to be manually configured by a tpms tool that a dealership/tire shop should have. When you say one was broken, did they reinstall the broken one or replace it with a working tpms? You can buy sensors, but they'd have to remove the tire and have it installed on the rim & reprogrammed. Give a little more info on what is going on and we can provide better advice.

Was this at a honda dealership or a tire shop?

They found the broken one and installed it for me.
installed.... a broken one, or installed a new sensor?

If you have a broken sensor - it'll cause an error
If you have a new sensor that isn't programmed, you need to have a dealership program it to get rid of the error.

Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things. They found a broken TPMS sensor. They replaced it. The light stays on now. I'll go with your new sensor response. Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things. They found a broken TPMS sensor. They replaced it. The light stays on now. I'll go with your new sensor response. Thanks.
I believe discount tire also reprograms them they reset my tpms

Many tire shops have tpms tools to reprogram sensors. May be worth calling around to get quotes. There could be a huge difference from one shop to another. I've seen programming all four quoted from $25-$100.

If you purchased a new tpms sensor from a shop while they were installing your tires, I would expect that would include programming it and return to that shop and ask them about it. At the very least they should give you a good deal on reprogramming the new sensor that they installed.

on my 2013 SI possibly the scan tool the tire shops is not working with the main computer for some reason? I suspect Honda is trying to screw the public here.

Back