2013 civic si hfp w/navi audio upgrade.

KCGamble

So I know almost 0 when it comes to the audio system in my vehicle. What I do know is that bass is so weak I would to upgrade something. I'm just not sure what exactly. If I upgrade the sub will I need new speakers and amp? Suggestions for audio upgrade in my vehicle?

You can also review my thread too. Yes, you need to replace the factory amp, replace the speakers, and replace the sub with one in a box in the trunk (or custom built box on the side of the trunk if you value trunk space). The free-air sub in the Civic, as you experienced, does absolutely nothing.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-civic-premium-audio-system-navigation-stereo-upgrade.10207/
If I wanted to replace the door speakers and maybe rears with some Alpine Type S, would I still need to replace the amp?

Replacing the speakers won't provide better sound because the factory amp is what destroys the sound quality because of the awful built-in crossover equalization for all the channels. Honda takes the crown for having dogshit stereo systems. The premium sound is actually worse than the standard stereo because of the factory amp.

Back