2013 fog light bulb install

bobadim24

Vehicle Model
si
Body Style
sedan
So been lookin around but all I've seen is the coupe install which they have one screw you remove =_= but for the sedan what do youdo!!?i have my h11 yellow fog I want to install

Do I have to take off the bumper or just go under the car?

Pop the black soft plastic piece that is around the fog light off with a screw driver or something with leverage (from the left side in the picture there is a tiny groove) then behind it there are two screws diagonal from each other that you have to take out and then unhook the power harness and you are good to go. Takes like 2 minutes total!

Last edited:
I just assumed access to the fogs was from the rear when I went to change out the bulbs on my coupe and didn't even bother to look at the front of the housing. :confused: So I just undid the clips from the bumper and shroud/air dam/whateveryouwanncallit and just reached up in there to swap them out. Conversely, you could just take the bumper off and do it if you may want to do anything else at the same time. Ideas: new horns, AC condenser screen, plasti-dip grill, etc. Bumper is super easy to take on and off!

I have the fog light overlays coming soon so I looked this up in the owners manual the other day. It's on page 286. It's supposed to be as easy as GSquared says. Hopefully it is.

View attachment 23019
Put the screw driver here??!

You are coming from the wrong side, I don't think that that hole should be there... Basically follow the chrome piece to to fog light, there should be a tiny tiny area you can barely put the screw driver in, just pull that out and the black plastic has a hinge it will turn on like a door opening.

Last edited:
Lol nvm I got it thanks man... Popped the plastic and saw the screw ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373224884.194870.jpg

=_= man the bulb fits but the stock bulb says h8 and I have h11 =_= won't fit in the hole...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373225902.169501.jpg

Need to cut the metal thing to get I in the hole

=_= man the bulb fits but the stock bulb says h8 and I have h11 =_= won't fit in the hole...View attachment 23023

Need to cut the metal thing to get I in the hole

Yeah I think they changed it for the '13s. I had a thin LED bulb so it worked out. I did have to bend the tabs on one of the sections of the locking pieces with pliers or it wouldn't fit though. Take a look at where it's catching as the hole looks big enough from that picture?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373227444.914570.jpg
Lol I just took a plier and bent the metal that goes in the hole and it fit haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373227513.511230.jpg
All done

Glad my experimentation helped!

Haha thanks alot.. My next project is putting in 5k 9006 hid... Doesn't look like there's alot of room to work with..I'm guessing I need to find out how to take the bumper out

Haha thanks alot.. My next project is putting in 5k 9006 hid... Doesn't look like there's alot of room to work with..I'm guessing I need to find out how to take the bumper out

That I have not done, but I believe that is the easiest way to do it, yes.

Back