2013 Honda Accord Coupe And Sedan Revealed

My god! I saw a white 2013 sedan today on the freeway and I was in love!! It reminds me of a more luxurious car, like a BMW or something. I stared at it while passing it in my 2012 civic and I would def consider trading in my car for one, once I'm right side up on my payments. Funny thing was when I got off the freeway they also got off, and there was an older lady in the passenger seat, looked like they were test driving it. I rolled down my windows and yelled "BUY IT!" And she gave me the thumbs up lol.

I could def see this thing sitting on some 19" big and wide VIP style wheels. So baller!!

Consumer Reports Praises The 2013 Accord

“Honda missed the mark with other redesigned models in recent years, but it nailed this one”, commented CR Auto Test Center director Jake Fisher.

In particular, the new Accord was praised for its fuel efficiency. The new, direct-injection 2.4-liter four-cylinder eked out “an excellent” 30 mpg overall, rising to 40 mpg on the highway, while the 3.5-liter V6 variant managed 26 mpg on average, despite posting a zesty 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) acceleration time of 6.3 seconds.

The mid-size Honda saloon also earned top marks for its visibility, driving position and interior space but, on the downside, its LaneWatch system that’s available on plusher versions was found to be “gimmicky and distracting”.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVV9YbLBIg

Honda Releases 2014 Accord Plug-in Hybrid Pricing
2014Accord.jpg

Today Honda confirmed previous suggestions the 2014 Accord Plug-in Hybrid would cost just over $39,000 and announced it would specifically carry a suggested retail price of $39,780 while offering respectable efficiency numbers.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency figures for the car are 47 mpg city, 46 highway, and 46 combined. In electric mode the car is rated at 115 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe). Honda also announced the new plug-in Accord will not be imported from Japan but rather, the U.S. Its Marysville plant in Ohio will be the recipient of a $23 investment, Honda said. The plant expansion will be a sizable 95,000 square feet and is part of an $800 million investment there over the last three years.

Both the Accord Plug-In and Accord Hybrid utilize a 2.0-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder Atkinson cycle engine paired with a 124-kilowatt (kwh) traction electric motor that can function as an electric continuously variable transmission (e-CVT) and as a 105-kwh electric motor.

In its default upon start-up, the Accord PHEV acts as a pure electric vehicle and will continue on in full-electric mode until battery capacity necessitates the automatic switch to gas/electric hybrid operation. At higher speeds or under high demand for acceleration, the gasoline engine can kick in to provide additional power.

Honda says the plug-in Accord can be fully charged from a low-charge indication point in less than three hours using a standard 120-volt household electrical outlet, and in less than one hour using a 240-volt “Level-2″ charger. The free HondaLink EV smartphone application will allow owners to easily monitor the charging state of the Accord PHEV. The cars will go on sale this fall, Honda says. The Plug-in Hybrid’s $39,780 price does not include a $790 destination charge and options.

Virginia's trying to create a alternative fuel tax for cars that run on anything other than fuel alone......... That's how to promote a clean environment!

...which probably costs more than the gas guzzler tax. Lol.

Virginia's trying to create a alternative fuel tax for cars that run on anything other than fuel alone......... That's how to promote a clean environment!

but they are trying to eliminate the gas tax at the same time, the claim being that as cars get more fuel efficient the state isnt getting as much money from gas tax relative to the number of miles driven on the roads

but they are trying to eliminate the gas tax at the same time, the claim being that as cars get more fuel efficient the state isn't getting as much money from gas tax relative to the number of miles driven on the roads
Which is still not a green move........ What they're trying to pass is to drop the fuel tax, and raise the overall sales tax of everything else by .9%, which will be more out of our pockets as a whole.
Don't get me wrong since my car runs on fuel and I buy most everything other than what I eat by computer....... I'm all for it. I'm just bringing to the foreground how the gov' likes to "sound" as if they're trying to help our planet, while going a diff' direction real time.

I don't want to be harsh but I really don't get it why they built the front of the car like that. I hope in reality looks better??

All-new 2013 Honda Accord Coupe Earns Highest Safety Ratings in Midsize Class
2013 Accord Coupe joins Accord Sedan in earning 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from NHTSA; all Accord models now boast top overall NHTSA and IIHS safety ratings

The completely redesigned 2013 Honda Accord Coupe has earned the highest available safety rating – a 5-Star1 Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

The 2013 Accord Coupe is the only vehicle in its class to earn a NHTSA 5-star Overall Vehicle Score and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating with GOODratings in all test modes. For model year 2013, all tested Honda models have earned a TOP SAFETY PICK or TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the IIHS (only the Civic Coupe, FCX Clarity and Fit EV have not been tested).

"The Honda comprehensive approach to vehicle safety is validated by these top-level safety ratings," said Art St. Cyr, vice president of product planning and logistics at American Honda. "The 2013 Honda Accord truly excels in all areas, delivering the best overall safety ratings, while also providing exhilarating performance, outstanding comfort and top-class fuel economy."

The Accord Coupe earned the 5-star Overall Vehicle Score by garnering a 5-star rating in each seating position in the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) frontal, side-barrier, and side-pole crash test categories, as well as a 5-star rollover rating. The 2013 Coupe joins the Honda Accord Sedan in earning an Overall 5-Star Safety Rating under NHTSA's testing.

In addition to its NCAP 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score designation, the 2013 Honda Accord Sedan is the only car in its class to earn a GOOD rating in all IIHS test modes, including the Institute's aggressive, new small overlap frontal crash test. Under the IIHS' testing program, the new small overlap frontal crash test—sometimes called a "narrow offset" test—is designed to replicate what happens when the front corner of a vehicle collides with another vehicle or an object such as a tree or utility pole at high speed.

Beginning with the 2013 Honda Accord, Honda is applying the second generation of the Honda Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™ II) body structure to its models. This reinforced frontal structure further enhances frontal crash energy management through a wider range of offset and oblique collision modes.

New standard and available safety and visibility technologies in Accord models such as Back-Up Camera, Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Watch help increase driver awareness in the front, sides, and rear of the vehicle.

In addition to the Honda next-generation Advanced Compatibility (ACE II) body structure, passive-safety features offered as standard equipment on the 2013 Accord include dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags, and new SmartVent™ front side airbags, and side curtain airbags. The new SmartVent side airbag construction helps mitigate the risk of injury to occupants that may be positioned in the deployment path of the side airbag. SmartVent also allows heating of the passenger seatback on EX-L and Touring models.

Honda Safety Leadership
Honda has a long history of leadership in the development and application of advanced technologies and designs to enhance the safety of all road users, including automobile occupants, motorcycle riders, and pedestrians. The company operates two of the world's most sophisticated crash test facilities and is responsible for numerous pioneering efforts in the areas of crashworthiness, airbag technology, collision compatibility and pedestrian safety. This commitment to safety is rooted in the longstanding Honda goal to be a company that society wants to exist, and it complements the company's leadership in reducing vehicle emissions, improving fuel efficiency and advancing alternatives to gasoline.

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?g=honda-automobiles&id=7106-en

Back