2013 Honda Accord Sedan named a Top 3 Finalist for Overall Car of the Year by AJAC

iluvmycsx

Mr Csx
VIP Member
Regina - The City That Rhymes with Fun
Vehicle Model
Acura Csx
Body Style
Sedan
2013 Honda Accord Sedan Named Top Finalist
accord_sedan_rear.sized.jpg

MONTREAL, QC (January 17, 2013) – The 2013 Honda Accord sedan was named a Top 3 Finalist for overall ‘Canadian Car of the Year’ by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) at the Montreal Auto Show today. The winner will be announced in February at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.

“To have the all-new Accord recognized by so many of Canada’s top journalists is something we are extremely proud of,” said Dave Jamieson, assistant vice president, Honda Canada. “We designed the new Accord to do what it has always done – raise the bar in the family car category. AJAC’s recognition, along with the incredible feedback we’re getting from our customers, tells us that we’ve accomplished just that.”

About the 2013 Honda Accord
With a beautiful new design and a host of new and improved content and technology, the 2013 Honda Accord is the most fuel efficient, most spacious, and most fun-to-drive Accord ever built. Featuring the all-new Earth Dreams™ powertrain technology, this Accord is available with the first North American application of Honda’s next-generation, 2.4-litre, direct-injected 4-cylinder engine pushing a shorter, sportier, yet more spacious and comfortable vehicle.

Today, after being on the market for just three months, the 2013 Honda Accord is already filling the award cabinet with recognition, including:
- AJAC’s 'Best New Family Car under $30,000’
- Autos.ca’s 2013 ‘Top Pick’ in the Family Cars category
- Auto123.com’s ‘2013 Midsize Car of the Year’
- One of the first vehicles to earn the highest possible safety rating of TOP SAFETY PICK+ from the U.S. IIHS.
- Winner of Car and Driver magazine’s prestigious ‘10Best Cars’ award

For more information and photos, please visit HondaNews.ca.

About Honda Canada
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario, where the Honda Civic and CR-V, Acura MDX and ZDX models are manufactured. Honda Canada has invested more than $2.6 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $1.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 3.7 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.

About AJAC
AJAC is an association of professional writers, publishers and photographers whose focus is the automobile and the automotive industry. AJAC, a not-for-profit professional organization incorporated in 1981, was established to encourage unity among journalists who specialize in reporting on the automobile. AJAC manages the annual Canadian Car of the Year awards program.

I looked at one yesterday while getting an oil change...Very nice!

I also looked at a 2013 Si coupe and I have to say *#&@ YOU HONDA! for not putting the carbon fiber dash or back up camera in the 12...

Last edited:
I agree. The new Accord is a very nice car. Congrats to Honda for being recognized for it. Very comfortable to sit in. I can't see myself trading my Si for one though.

Not a chance...I'd love to get one for my wife though, if I could get her to agree to trade hers in.

Nomar06 is rocking the accord now. He had an 8th si a year or so back.

Last edited:
The According is snatching up a bunch of acknowledgements lately....

I'm eyeballing a Volk purchase for the Accord.... :hyper:

Back