2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info Discussed

Sales dont matter cause Camry is #1 selling sedan and we all know how exciting and well-appointed it is.:shady: If profit is only Honda's goal then why not make Civic as a POS Corolla.
Honda need to realize that this is not 00s anymore 'cause competition is now more ahead, both in terms of technology and reliability. Honda used to be class leading, not to trail behind the competition.
9th Civic is only good for sheeps, but enthusiasts still prefer the 8th gen.
I really hope they dont do anything stupid with ILX, RDX(no SHAWD lol), new RL etc.

i totally agree with the BlackZ, no civic has aftermarket parts for atleast 3 years anyways, so if you wanna do up your civic, its gotta be an 8th gen. but cutting your coils and throwing on 18s and a strut brace will vastly improve your cornering... but we'll have to wait for aftermarket exhausts and body kits tho.... so your saying a focus in 10 years will have less problems than a civic? we'll have to see about that in 10 years i guess... ;)

the only thing that took 3yrs was the flashpro from hondata. There were multiple intakes, exhausts, coilovers, and header options in less than a year.

i dont know about that webby, maybe for the SI or coupe.. but for my 01 DX sedan, it took awhile befor there were ground effects, header or SS exhaust... maybe it has alot to do with where I live and am willing to pay too.. eBay all the way !!! :D

I'm referring to the 8th generation civic - 2006+. I ran 8thcivic.com, and sold aftermarket parts in the store. The Si parts are by far the main focus for aftermarket companies. The Si had those parts mentioned in the previous post in less than a year. Hondata had an ecu reflash available, but the full blown flashpro took a roughly 3yrs to be released.

your absolutely right about that webby, ill be happy with factory options as foglights and a deck lid spoiler.. N1 muffler, SI grill, tint and 18's in the spring, just to set myself apart from the sheep.. bbbaaaaaaa.. hahahaha :)

Ran into this article:

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120205/RETAIL06/120209878/1379

Personally, this is quite a bummer. I was planning to go test drive and probably purchase the 2012 Si Coupe. No idea if I should wait or not. I'll hate myself if the refreshed civic turns out to be significantly better than the 2012 with a similar price tag. It's a different story if the refresh comes 1 to 2 years later, but potentially 8 months? That'll definitely be a mood killer.

Merged your stuff with the larger thread on redesign info. If you're interested, I'd read back through a lot of the comments and articles posted previously. There is no clear answer at this point, but it's been mentioned the items they will be modifying.

I haven't read all thread again but I found some interesting info about the redesign. I'm sorry if these info are already here...

http://4newtechnology.blogspot.com/2012/08/2013-honda-civic-relelase-date-redesign.html

http://newautocars.info/honda/2013-honda-civic-to-get-significant-updates-and-release-date/
On this last page there are some pics of the "2013 Civic". Now I'm really curious what interior will it have. The interior on this page is from the EU spec 9th gen Civic. It would be funny if it gets the same interior.

Simon I just read your post and links very interesting. Would love to see them improve the interior of the current us spec model

Pete, do you own a 9th gen civic? I'm driving an 8th gen sedan. Is the plastic really so bad in the 9th gen?

I had an 8th Si kinda of miss it. I now drive a 6-6 accord coupe. I want to go back to a civic for the fun factor. I was lucky to use one for a week while my accord was at the dealer for a condenser and service. I wasn't impressed with the interior at all...

Pete, do you own a 9th gen civic? I'm driving an 8th gen sedan. Is the plastic really so bad in the 9th gen?

I drove a 9th gen Civic Si sedan. I came from a 2007 LX Sedan and I do not think the 8th gen LX had better inteior. The materials in my Si feels much more durable and solid than my 8th LX. The only thing I think that feels cheap in the 9th gen is the knobs that control the volume, the a/c and how hot of cold you want the air to be.

I've received some recent news on the 2013 refresh and some of the updates that will be done to the civic. I just need to find out if the individual wants credit for the info, or wants to remain anonymous before posting.

Back