2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info Discussed

he hasn't responded to me yet... I'll update as soon as I know. It's nothing earth shattering.

So lets think about this.. it's nothing earth shattering. So no turbo for the Si or direct injection across the board. Probably new wheel covers change in seat fabrics and maybe a new color. Did I leave anything out?

So lets think about this.. it's nothing earth shattering. So no turbo for the Si or direct injection across the board. Probably new wheel covers change in seat fabrics and maybe a new color. Did I leave anything out?
Meh, that wouldn't even be surprising lol. We need some OEM projector headlights!

I hope they redesign the hfp kit. Also I really hope they offer projectors and a rear view camera.

peter is going in the right direction

honda basically outlined what they were going to change in previous press releases...and they didn't go far from that? So, no new headlights, no turbos, no direct injection...

honda basically outlined what they were going to change in previous press releases...and they didn't go far from that? So, no new headlights, no turbos, no direct injection...

I remember reading something about honda bringing the 2013 civic out when they showed off the 2013 accord. The sedan supposedly has new tail lights, headlights, revised grill and better interior. The coupe just has better interior no changes on the outside, at least thats what i read. who knows!

these were the items mentioned by honda -

1) restyle the car’s front end
2) restyle the car's rear end
3) make its interior more plush and luxurious
4) boost its fuel economy in hopes of reaching 40 miles per gallon in highway driving

For everyone who is disappointed in how Honda has "failed" at releasing the 9th gen as a general public-expected "super" compact car from the factory with direct injection or turbo or high performance tires / engine components... All of you expect way too much. I speak for myself when I say that I'm actually glad they didn't offer them with turbos or direct injection or high performance tires or sport suspension etc because if you really think about it a true fanatic would eventually switch out the factory parts for aftermarket parts. On another note, a true fanatic would buy these aftermarket parts and apply them to their car if the car didn't already have these factory parts in it. Right? So in a way you save money because you won't spend extra cash for factory parts that would eventually be swapped out for aftermarket parts. Besides, if Honda is going to remodel the 2013 Civic, more power and pride to 2012 Civic owners because the 2012 will be a one year limited edition collectors edition that will be near impossible to find eventually just like it's near impossible to find a 1999 Civic Si that hasn't been riced out or that still has all the original parts. I hope all the TRUE Honda fans can relate to how I feel.

I see a Civic also as a commuter car. Not all civics are sold to get aftermarket kits and stuff. Also the official figures of fuel consumption doesn't matter that much. The real consumption usually differs from these numbers. I personally won't be buying a new car just because is 3% more fuel efficient as my current one - on paper. When a new model comes out, people usually expect a big step forward - which didn't happen in the civic 9th generation which is more like a redesigned 8th gen. That in combination with some poor crititcs about the interior materials got the new civic reputation as a car which needs a redesign - and Honda promised it.

In my opinion they will change the dash, maybe some more soft touch materials and some new color combinations, the front end will maybe get some changes. In the engine area - do they have a direct injection engine which produces around 150hp? I don't think so?? So maybe they will add an engine or something but the basic civic should remain with a 140hp 1.8 engine - which is a good and tested engine. I rather have this engine as a new direct injection engine from hyundai which I don't know how will cope with time ... :)

earth dreams use direct injection, and there are quite a few sizes they supposedly have. I'd say a 1.8-2.0 liter would surely be in that area for hp

• [ 1.8 to 2.0L class engine ]
  • Employs direct injection technology and the Atkinson cycle using the DOHC, VTEC technologies as the base. Further, implementation of VTC and high-capacity EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) to both the intake and exhaust ports realizes significantly reduced friction.
full list of the earth dreams engines
http://world.honda.com/news/2011/4111130Earth-Dreams-Technology/index.html

Back