2013 LX: Was rear bottom cover included from factory?

MITBeta

TL;DR: Does the 2013 4 door LX have a factory installed bottom cover at the rear, under the trunk?

Two years ago my Civic was rear ended. The body shop replaced several components: bumper, bumper cover, bumper struts, etc. I inspected the work (from normal height...) and it looked fine. Fast forward to yesterday and I have reason to be under the rear of the car and noticed that all the clips for a cover are there, but there is no cover.

Was this cover present when the car was bought new?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter.....if they said they replaced it/bought one, then it should have been put on the car.

I would think that it came with one but not 100% on that.....

here is a 13 lx sedan underneath while an exhaust is being installed:

YKQ28dH.jpg

Doesn't really matter.....if they said they replaced it/bought one, then it should have been put on the car.

I would think that it came with one but not 100% on that.....

I agree. However, I spoke with the repair shop this morning and they said: A. the cover was not included in the replaced parts and B. they would not have need to remove the cover (other than disconnecting at the bumper cover) to replace the parts they did.

I've never looked to see if there was a cover there, either before the repair or after until yesterday. Now it looks to me like the cover belongs there but is missing. So the question I'm trying to answer is: should the LX sedan have included the cover from the factory.

Once I answer that question, I can work harder on trying to figure out what happened to mine...

Thanks for all the replies. I met with the guy at the Body Shop this morning, and surprisingly, he's taking responsibility for it. (It's only a $35 piece of plastic, after all...).

@webby
Not to hijack this thread. But my civic 2012 lx didn't have it and it also got rear-ended before. Shop that replaced the bumper said that the under cover wasn't included with it.

Anyway, if I want to get mine now and I got the 2012 Si rear bumper cover, do I need to get the Si under cover?

Thanks

@webby
Not to hijack this thread. But my civic 2012 lx didn't have it and it also got rear-ended before. Shop that replaced the bumper said that the under cover wasn't included with it.

Anyway, if I want to get mine now and I got the 2012 Si rear bumper cover, do I need to get the Si under cover?

Thanks

2012 doesn't show it on the parts list for lx or si. There is a part for the 2013 si sedan listed. I wouldn't know if that would directly work or not for your situation.
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...=4,11;et=2,8)&Location=under-cover,2527816,11

Back