2013 Si with 14-15 head unit questions

JDM4U

Miami, Fl
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello everyone, I currently own a 2013 Si non-navigation. I came across a 14-15 Si premium headunit with the oem piece. I did some research and found that as long as both cars had the premium system, the head unit will connect. So I installed the 14-15 head unit over the weekend, and for the most part it all connected, except for one connection. After the install, I noticed that the call buttons on the steering wheel didn't work. Can'tanswer, hang up, or make calls, all other buttons worked fine.

When installing, I noticed connection C on the 13 is different than the port on the 14-15 head unit and doesn't fit. I'm not familiar with reading wiring diagrams so I'm not sure what the purpose of that connection is, but I can only assume it's for the hands free calling. Can anyone confirm that? If so, I could just splice the harness to the connector the radio came with.

Another thing, I see the HDMI and USB ports are separate, but I can't just pick up any HDMI or USB wire to connect. Anyone know anywhere I can get an OEM HDMI and USB wire for these ports that are separate from the entire wire harness under the dash? Going to see how much of the 14-15 features I can get and having fun with it for now, I'll most likely upgrade to a pioneer modular head unit if I can't complete what I want with this head unit.

Thanks for any feedback/answers.

I am wondering if you can replace the 13 Si aux port and console with one from a 14-15 Si with the hdmi/usb port and get it to work. The part number for hdmi/usb port is 39115-t4n-h01. The wire harness part number is 39114-TR3-A21

Last edited:
Back