2014 Civic Coupe Premium Stereo System Upgrade build post

Nicely done. For the connector I have one from a factory amp I could've given you. It's a clean install though. I mounted my amp under the seat since no one sits behind me anyways. You could have also gotten a mercman harness like I did. Well done all around.

What is this Merman harness? Are you willing to sell the one you have?

What is this Merman harness? Are you willing to sell the one you have?
"Mercman harnesses" are harnesses people make/sell to bypass the factory amp. You can usually find people selling them on ebay.

you wouldn't by chance have a link or URL to this specific harness. really been waiting for idatalink maestro but they keep giving me the run around. Having that streamline plug would make my install so much easier

First of all. Thank you so much for sharing your upgrade, it's helped me, and likely other lurkers, more than you know. Personally, I am just gonna grab a Mercman harness, but I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram for my '15 Civic Coupe ex (non navi) amp to speaker. It's my understanding the colors change year to year. Can anyone point me in the right direction? This will be my first DIY upgrade. Will be installing JL RD900/5, replacing the speakers with focal integrations(2 comp. 2 coax) and a 8" kicker comprt(dvc in series) for the sub.

First of all. Thank you so much for sharing your upgrade, it's helped me, and likely other lurkers, more than you know. Personally, I am just gonna grab a Mercman harness, but I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram for my '15 Civic Coupe ex (non navi) amp to speaker. It's my understanding the colors change year to year. Can anyone point me in the right direction? This will be my first DIY upgrade. Will be installing JL RD900/5, replacing the speakers with focal integrations(2 comp. 2 coax) and a 8" kicker comprt(dvc in series) for the sub.
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx
This is the service they have to pull wiring diagrams and whatnot. You can pay to access the data by the day or whatever.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx
This is the service they have to pull wiring diagrams and whatnot. You can pay to access the data by the day or whatever.
Thanks. I dont see any of the "memberships" that specifically state audio wiring diagrams. I'm gonna assume the service express, $10 /day one is the way to go? This is the page I see with the options to choose from...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180414-204908.png
    Screenshot_20180414-204908.png
    425.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20180414-205416.png
    Screenshot_20180414-205416.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 24
Yeah. Diagrams you’ve prob seen posted here are usually from people who did the $10/day thing.

If anyone else is in the same boat. Here's the PDF for a 15 Civic Coupe EX, non navi audio diagram and screenshot of the connector. Still have a few hours left of my subscription if anyone has any requests.

Attachments

• sheet33.pdf
    614 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20180416-114511.png
    Screenshot_20180416-114511.png
    326.8 KB · Views: 24
thanks for posting it. You never know what you'll need later down the road. I'd snap as much stuff as you can while you have access.

Back